Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by 520Broker

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by 520Broker
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: 520Broker
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

So Disappointed!

Having cruised since the 80s and over 30 cruises, this was my first and last Celebrity cruise. I had booked 8 of us together and 4 were first time cruisers. On embarkation day, I was shocked when a server approached my friend who was seated for lunch. When she said she would enjoy a glass of tea, she was firmly told "I only do bar drinks". We heard this frequently throughout the cruise when anyone asked for a "free" drink in the buffet area as well as at a show once. The Silhouette theater (main large theater) has two levels (2 floors) similar to the Princess Theaters on Princess line- the huge difference is you exit only on one floor with Celebrity and like cattle, are funneled through only the upper floor exit but worse yet, the entry to a lounge is located as you exit as well as what they call the Grand Foyer. The cruise director rudely told one of our party when he tried to go around a large group trying to figure where they were going next that she was trying to get a photo taken with a passenger and could he wait (in the "herd)"

The refrigerator is loaded with Red Bull, liquors and sodas to purchase but beware they took our parties milk and yogurt out and sat them on the counter without notice the last evening and locked the refrigerator to stock to sell to the new folks....no chocolate on your pillow last nite either- small but it's like you are an inconvenience to them the 7th day. The towels both in the room and for pool chairs are not nearly as nice as the Princess line.

The waiter and junior waiter were excellent but the food was a big disappointment. If you are waiting for the lobster, it is tough and tasteless even though supposedly grilled. We didn't want to talk negatively about the food but another couple whispered to us after the third night, "this food is not nearly as good as Princess"

There was dance (oldies and Motown) music one night but alas they have it in the foyer area for 1 hour followed by a 1 hour break and 1 hour return. after arriving early to get seating (which 90% do not allow for a view of the small floor or band) we fought to keep the chairs if anyone left to dance. The entertainment is so "spaced" out and for short periods, unless you go to the casino, you are out of luck. We tried to make Karaoke after dinner but after arriving found it was only for 45 minutes long and on the last song.

The in room tv selection is good so if you go on a cruise to watch tv,you are golden. The magician and comedienne were excellent!

We had 3 hours to catch our flight after exiting the ship. Upon exiting, they funneled passengers outside to the ground and the line 3 deep stretched the length of the ship as far as the eye could see. When you reached that point, you were in a disney like line that snaked 6 across before ever entering the warehouse for your luggage. When we approached the Celebrity representative at the front of this area and stated we didn't expect to be over an hour to get off the ship to our luggage and were afraid we were going to miss our plane, he said "I get that all of the time and can't allow "cutting" I told him I usually cruised with Princess and had never encountered anything like this process. A couple about to go in said you two can get in with I us. We cut and made our plane. PS. Princess has self serve laundromats with washer, dryers and ironing boards on every floor just in case a passenger wants it. If you normally cruise Princess, you will be hugely disappointed with Celebrity on so many levels. I overheard one of our first timers when asked say we don't think we will cruise again. I only wish I could do a "do over" and choose a different line, they are much too nice to tell me how disappointed they were with the crowded areas, food and lack of dancing.

Publication Date: 03/10/14