Crown Princess Cruise Review by northshoren

Crown Princess
Member Name: northshoren
Cruise Date: January 2014
Cabin Number: B501
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

There was good and there was bad on Crown Princess

We have been traveling with Princess for over ten cruises. We keep trying to convince ourselves that things are not changing with Princess, but it is hard to do. First the good: Our cabin host for B501 was very conscientious and tried his best. Our embarkation and disembarkation was very well done, no problems there at all. Dining experiences were very good. Ports were nice, we especially liked Turks and Caicos.

Now the bad: We were in cabin B501. There was a horrible stench in that cabin and it made our entire trip much to be desired! It smelled like rotten eggs to say the least. We contacted front desk, who sent up two engineers on different occasions and they could not figure out what it was. It seems like it came from the vents. I contacted Princess about it, but have not heard a word. Also, what is with the robes? I heard it before and will confirm, they don't fit a child and are very cheap looking. Our host was able to exchange them for better ones, so please ask! Also the pool area. Something has to be done about everyone hogging the chairs. Otherwise get more room to put more chairs up, because right now you can't get near the pools and you end up standing on sea days. Also, pools are way too small for the amount of people on board.

Now for the ultimate insult. I cannot say enough bad things about the Lotus Spa on board. I was forced under pressure to buy $180 worth of a product I did not want. The pitch is done while you are naked on a table with the doors closed tight and a woman staring straight in your face telling you where to sign. I did not like anything about the spa. It is not warm, friendly and comfortable and I would never go back there. If you have a complaint, as someone else had said, Princess is not involved. You must call the company direct. Of course no phone numbers and information given to you.

I am not sure I will continue my loyalty to Princess unless they get back to what they were 5 or 6 years ago and they know exactly what I mean.

Publication Date: 03/10/14