Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jcu604

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: jcu604
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great Time on the Breakaway

I read the reviews prior to sailing and was worried I made a mistake when booking this cruise. After taking the cruise, I don't understand the negative reviews. We had a great time. The ship is beautiful, the rooms are very nice, the staff is outstanding and the food is really good. I did eat in two pay restaurants, the Brazilian Steak house and the Italian Restaurant. I prefer the Italian more. Savor, which is included in the cruise, was delicious; the staff went out of their way to serve us. The ship has some great shows. Whatever you do, don't miss Rock of Ages, it was the best! There are many show, activities and games to keep you busy while sailing.

The cruise tenders at The Great Stirrup Cay. This is a private island owned by Norwegian. I wished I could have stayed there for a week. I loved it there. Norwegian also provided a free barbeque which was delicious.

The excursion to Atlantis was so much fun. Just beware all slides are for 48 inches or taller.

I would definitely go again. I did put a deposit on a future cruise. If you put a $250 deposit while on the ship you get a $100 online credit. The deposit is good for four years and can be transferred.

Publication Date: 03/10/14