Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by flychick737: Still love Costa & Luminosa was great

flychick737
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Costa Luminosa Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Still love Costa & Luminosa was great

Sail Date: February 2014

This was my second Costa cruise and I loved it even more than the first!

The ship is the perfect size, great mix of people, nationalities and the food was great European style/portions.I must say I enjoyed the food on the Luminosa much more than my previous cruise on the Mediterainia last year. The staff for the most part on this ship was great as well - a special note to the bar staff! Our cabin (balcony) was great and exactly what we expected. We did get the late dinner seating which made us happy and we were seating with lovely people. There were a few empty dinner table each night around us - so the early seating must have been more popular this trip. Theme nights were okay - but we all were sad that the toga night is gone.

If I had to come up with a few items that we were not pleased with it is easy this time. We booked excursions through Costa and were very disappointed with two of them. This was a major cost on our trip - (booking for four people). The More excursion desk was notified about our late return and that we were very disappointed after the river tubbing, but we were brushed off and told they would do nothing.

I will cruise on Costa again without a doubt, but will not purchase any of their excursions- I will book on my own locally. I think that is too bad as this is where the cruise line make a major part of their revenue! I am also writing into the cruise line - I will update here if I get a response. Less

Read more Costa Luminosa cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Luminosa Review >>

Stingray Swim

(2)

I am sure our excursion was oversold. There were not enough seats on the boat for everyone, the crew & costa staff did not know how many people were on board the boat - there were NOT enough life jackets for everyone on board! There were 3 costa staff members on board who took up passenger seats when paying passengers had to sit on top on cooler and engine box. All ended up ok, but it was not safe and when you book through Costa your safety and security should be their first priority!

River Tubing

(1)

Very disappointed

Zip-lining

(1)

We zipline/river tubbed in Jamaica and we saddened by the poor trip from start to finish and being returned back to the ship late! The excursion was a level 3(the hardest) and it was more of a lazy river tube and only 3 zipline stops. At $89/adult......it was very disappointing!

The bus left late (waiting for two people who never arrived) 45min drive each way, then a slow lazy river tube with guides demanding tips at the end, a quick dry off and change (while the other 12 people waited for us 4) then to rush us through a 'zip line' that was low, slow and had only three lines to it!!! Then back on the bus to rush back to the ship for 1230 all on board and we boarded at 1236 Sure glad we were on a ship excursion......