Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by flychick737

Costa Luminosa
Costa Luminosa
Member Name: flychick737
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Costa Luminosa Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Luminosa Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Luminosa Deck Plans
Still love Costa & Luminosa was great

This was my second Costa cruise and I loved it even more than the first!

The ship is the perfect size, great mix of people, nationalities and the food was great European style/portions.I must say I enjoyed the food on the Luminosa much more than my previous cruise on the Mediterainia last year. The staff for the most part on this ship was great as well - a special note to the bar staff! Our cabin (balcony) was great and exactly what we expected. We did get the late dinner seating which made us happy and we were seating with lovely people. There were a few empty dinner table each night around us - so the early seating must have been more popular this trip. Theme nights were okay - but we all were sad that the toga night is gone.

If I had to come up with a few items that we were not pleased with it is easy this time. We booked excursions through Costa and were very disappointed with two of them. This was a major cost on our trip - (booking for four people). The excursion desk was notified about our late return and that we were very disappointed after the river tubbing, but we were brushed off and told they would do nothing.

I will cruise on Costa again without a doubt, but will not purchase any of their excursions- I will book on my own locally. I think that is too bad as this is where the cruise line make a major part of their revenue! I am also writing into the cruise line - I will update here if I get a response.

Publication Date: 03/09/14