Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Grneyedlady59: 41 Years in the Waiting, So Happy I Made It!

Grneyedlady59
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

41 Years in the Waiting, So Happy I Made It!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I was wondering after reading some of the reviews complaining about being misinformed about the delay for Embarkation. I arrived on the pier at about 11:00 and was immediately handed a very official letter outlining that the ship needed extra sanitizing due to the Norovirus being present on the previous cruise, nothing about a technical issue, was I on the same ship? I was onboard by 1:00 had access to my cabin by 3:10 and was having a drink in the warm Sydney sunshine by 1:30. Coming from Ontario where the temperature was -24 with snow about to fall as I was boarding my flight, this seemed heavenly to me! The cabin steward and dining staff were outstanding, thank you Noel, Neru and Ferdinand. They were friendly, professional and attentive to all our wants and needs. We had to have an excursion corrected and it was handled in less than 5 minutes and correctly. I wonder if the people that claim to have problems don't take the problems with them in the form of a poor attitude. You are More generally treated the way that you treat others.

The Windjammer/Island Grille is definitely too small to be the 'only' place on a day in port to get breakfast before your excursion. I loved eating in the dining room but this experienced required over an hour to complete so was only good on sea days or late docking.

The ship is enormous, definitely needs sprucing up it's rusty, musty and tired.

The sea days on the Tasman Sea may have been a challenge for people with motion sickness since the captain indicated the swells were 12 metres/36 feet for much of those 2 days. Made the ship much more spacious for me to roam :). Those days there were sea sick bags fastened to every staircase so it shouldn't have been a problem for anyone to help themselves rather than wait hours to get them delivered, that shows a lack of caring by the wife who's hubby was sick not the staff.

Dining room food was interesting well prepared and presented. I had lamb cooked 3 different ways and each was so delicious! I was adventuresome and had kangaroo and would definitely order it again.

The excursions were mostly better than expected, the ones that weren't were because of delays getting on buses resulting in being short changed on stops we were supposed to make because of the tight time schedules.

All in all, FANTASTIC trip. Met delightful people from all over the world, saw things I'll never see elsewhere again.

Thanks Royal Caribbean for fond memories of my 4 cruises with you. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas 8566

Cabin and balcony were I believe the smallest I've ever had especially the balcony, couldn't fit more than 2 people on it at one time. Noel kept it ship shape and left us adorable towel critters each night. Deck 8 is a great level to have a cabin on, wouldn't have wanted to be any lower.