Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by CruzinLP: Oasis of Seas-Fantastic ship

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis of Seas-Fantastic ship

Sail Date: February 2014

I was hesitant to book this cruise due to the size. Love large ships but do not like large crowds. Although I don't have stats, I believe the ship was pretty full because some additional cruisers were added last minute since a sailing on Allure was cancelled. Certain times and places seemed crowded (as would on any ship). Dining hrs are crowded but they have enough venues (including "free" ones) that helps spread out the crowds. We avoided the buffet most of the time because it was most crowded. A comedian referred to the buffet as like riding in a "bumper car". Funny but true. I am not a very patient person, so I choose dining that was a bit less chaotic.

I have read a lot of reviews so I had some idea what to expect. I was still incredibly impressed when stepping upon this beautiful ship. So many unique things to see/experience. You have to see it. Describing it does not do it justice.

We ate in the dining room every night. Food was outstanding until the last More night. Breaded Fisherman's platter was not good. They were very close to perfection on the dinner experience. I did experience the best beef tenderloin/filet I have ever had. Based on reviews, I tried a couple of the chilled fruit soups. Awesome! Salmon/crab grain (appetizer) was great too. This was on the standard menu and available every night. Visit the Solarium cafe for healthier dining (lunch/breakfast). If you want table service for breakfast or lunch, go to the dining room. For breakfast the dining room is split between table service and buffet (to help keep the crowds down in the Windjammer buffet). The choice is yours in the dining room. I think it is this way at lunch although we didn't visit the dining room at lunch.

Pool chairs were not as available as I expected based on other reviews. Pretty crowded near the pools.

Check out the "Rising Tide". Bar that raises up from the Promenade to Central Park (about 3 floors). Below the floating bar, there is a beautiful fountain. Hard to describe. Must see.

The entertainment was great. Hairspray was "good", just not my thing. When I heard that the

Headliner show was Abracadabra (songs by Abba), I really didn't want to go (not an Abba fan). Turned out the show was fantastic. Reserve your shows before the cruise. The couple that we had dinner with didn't get to see some of the shows because they could not get reservations. They did not know to reserve in advance.

Disembarking took a little longer than expected. Request a time a little earlier than you really want.

Wasn't quite brave enough for the zip line or flo-rider. (my husband and I are in our 50's and not the adventurous type. I plan on trying the zip line next time. I am sure there will be a next time. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 10186

Bathrooms and rooms seemed a little smaller than what we've had on other large ships. Nice storage including lots of space under bed for luggage. Beds were pretty comfortable.We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it was not a problem that it seemed a little small.

We didn't have a lot of time in Nassau so we didn't so much. We took at walk to Junkanoo Beach. Probably a 10 minute walk from end of pier (just turn right and start walking-there are signs). The beach was clean and not overcrowded.

Read 2625 Nassau Reviews

ATV Adventure

(4)

This was fun. Don't expect a lot of sight seeing. You need to keep eyes on the road so you can't check out the land. We make one quick stop where the tour guide offered to take your picture for you. We stopped for about 1.5 hrs at Orient Beach (nude beach) to do what you want. Take a swimsuit and towel if you wish. No one on our tour brought swim gear. I would probably take the earlier tour (it's pretty early but more likely to run on time). When we returned, there were a lot of angry tourists waiting for their turn (about 1 hr late). It was starting to rain and they were concerned that they would run short of time (for returning to the ship). Since it was a RC excursion, the ship would certainly wait for them.

We decided to go to Honeymoon beach since we were going to be going on a somewhat expensive excursion in St. Martin. A 10 minute walk to a ferry boat which took us to Water Island and then another 10 minute walk to Honeymoon beach. The ferry was 10.00 round trip per person. No charge to get into the beach. The water was beautiful and was not a crowded beach (probably because you can't get there without crossing water). Once you are off the ferry boat, the 10 minute walk is up and down a big hill. Probably not that easy for someone that can't get around well. I did see some people being transported by golf carts (probably an option for someone that can't make the walk).

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews