Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Dinkey98

Member Name: Dinkey98
Cruise Date: February 2014
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Worst customer service...EVER!!

This was the worst cruise I have ever been on in regards to customer service. I was waiting for the "wow factor" I always received on my previous cruises. This was my 8th cruise & 4th time cruising with Royal Caribbean. The staff in all departments didn't seem to care about whether our experience was good or bad. Majority of staff was rude & unfriendly. They looked miserable, as if they hated their jobs or we were bothering them. They barely gave us the time of day when we passed them, let alone spoke to us or even smiled for that matter. They had the worst attitudes I have ever encountered in many years of cruising.

Ketchup packets at the Windjammer were disgustingly sticky and we rarely saw the waiter assigned to the particular table we were seated. The food at Windjammer was always the same & just ok. We witnessed one worker pick at his eye & never wash his hands after.

In the Main Dining Room, our Head Waiter lacked personality & often mumbled. The food was nothing special to write home about. On all of my previous cruises, the Main Dining experience was always a cruise highlight because of the super friendly staff & incredible food. I've encountered more outgoing, fun, enthusiastic wait staff at truck stop diners.

Our waiter at Johnny Rockets was fantastic & would of been a much more enjoyable Main Dining waiter. Only one cocktail server at the pool was very attentive & engaging. I wish I had gotten his name. Our room attendant really went over & above. After the first day, he knew the names of all eleven in our group. Including the three in our group that were in a stateroom on a different deck. He was cheerful, attentive and asked about our day. Our stateroom was well stocked and clean. He was an absolute pleasure. These individuals deserve recognition.

Our first cruise was on Royal Caribbean. The outstanding service had us hooked on cruising from the beginning. Cruising became our favorite vacation activity. We normally travel with our family of 4 & often extended family. Every cruise had the "wow factor" & made us feel special, until this cruise. Based on this experience I am extremely hesitate to book another Royal Caribbean cruise. It was very disappointing!

Publication Date: 03/08/14