Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ekb1969: Not my favourite ship but had a really good time.

ekb1969
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Not my favourite ship but had a really good time.

Sail Date: February 2014

This is my first review!!!! First of all...The Epic was too large for me.........I did not like the smoky casino, food was OK and I found a few crew members not too friendly. BUT....I had so much fun. I met wonderful people ( especially the Cruise Critic members) and the entertainment was wonderful. I enjoyed the Cirque Dreams Show, Second City, Howl at the Moon, ( think that was the start of my losing my voice), Comedy Musician, Jean Boucher, Blue Man Group, White Hot Dance Party, Ice Bar.

We had a great time in Jamaica with members from Cruise Critic at the Blue Hole!!! It was beautiful.

In Cozumel we went on the America's Cup Regatta. My husband and I worked as part of the crew.....not so easy but we felt great for doing it.

This was my 14th cruise on various ships. I may always have a few complaints ( or suggestions on how to make things better) but I always make it a great time!! I love cruising! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 8174

This room was well appointed.....more room than we needed. The one night I went to bed before midnight I found it noisy but other than that I was not bothered. I liked the location of this cabin as it was close to elevators and stairs. I liked that it had a bath tub.

Catamaran Tour

(3)

It was nice. We rode to the dock in a nice comfortable bus. Everyone on our tour was friendly and that was the best part. I chose not to go into the water. Others told me later that it was much better in Cozumel. That is my #1 spot to snorkel. ( so far)
Before the tour we did some shopping. The area is close to the pier. Shops were nice and tempting but I did not buy anything.

America's Cup

(5)

Best excursion in a long time.......we chose to help the crew and it was not easy but fun and we learned something new. We were glad to have done it. You can chose to sit back and relax and have a beer. I did both.....worked and had 2 beer! Keep in mind that there is no facilities on the boat.
Cozumel is clean and easy to get around. It is one of my favourite ports.

Did not take a ship excursion but did go on a tour with other Cruise Critic travellers. We went to the Blue Hole. I am sorry I do not remember the guide's name but he was great....fun and had lots of information. Bus was clean and comfortable.
At the Blue Hole we were told not to bring the camera but we did as one of the fellows said he would look after it. We got great photos and were able to share them later with the group.
On another note......wear your swim suit.
There were several pools where you can jump/dive in. I did one! Lots of fun!
Later the Guide dropped some people off for a tubing excursion and the rest of us went to a BBQ place called Scotchies. That was very nice.
We got in a bit of shopping before we got back on the ship.
I must say that I was leery of the bad rap about Jamaica........I am happy to say...'no problem mon".