Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Thesistershood

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Thesistershood
Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: Thesistershood
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
Oh My Gawd You Guys

Seven Days Out At Sea ...In a movie it would be something scary - but with Norwegian Cruise Line and the fabulous Getaway ... it was more like a dream come true. From relaxing in Vibe, to napping in the Spa ... the restaurants were fabulous and the nightlife sublime. I passed on the ropes and the water slides, since I know next time I will have my kids with me (yes, next time ...) and spent time checking out the tween and teen rooms to report back to my offspring so they would know that I was still thinking about their needs while enjoying a much needed getaway with a girlfriend.

Be sure to book your table for Illusionarium, the food and atmosphere are both superb, and you will drive yourself crazy trying to spot the 'magic!' A do not miss 'Burn The Floor' extravaganza truly made me believe that if I never ate again and went to the gym everyday - I could take the dance floor and make my hips think that they too, could move like that. (btw, the male lead singer can croon his way right through your dreams.)

The absolute highlight of the cruise was the show Legally Blonde - the leading lady playing Elle Woods - was so incredible, we could not help but go to see the show more than once. Time flew taking in the fun, hilarity and of course ... sharing tears with the moments played directly from the heart. What a talent, what a joy - I am sure I will see her name in the big lights of Broadway in the near future because she is quite the dazzling superstar bringing authenticity and sassyness to the role with an incredible cast that just mesh together as though they were lifelong friends. I would call out each and every one of them for a superb performance! Huge thumbs up for the best show I ever seen outside of a Broadway or West End theater!

We are already perusing dates for a revisit ... your staff and crew were simply wonderful .... a special thank you to Klaus Lugmaier, your attention to detail and warm and friendly response to anything thrown your way was more than refreshing!

So Thank YOU Getaway - what a trip!

Publication Date: 03/06/14
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews