Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by juliesm: Great experience and value!

juliesm
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Great experience and value!

Sail Date: February 2014

This is our (my husband and I) third cruise and we were very happy with the experience. We found all the service and staff to be excellent and the balcony room nice and spacious. We had been on a Royal Caribbean trip in the Mediterranean and Carnival Breeze in the eastern Caribbean to compare our experience too and would say the positives were:

-great staff

-room clean and well kept

-food, excellent-will need to diet when I get home! my husband says it was 'ok' but he is a very picky eater ;-)

-nice ship (less 'wow' compared to the RC and the Breeze but decent)

-great spa massages

-weather was amazing!

Cons:

-still too many smokers and the smell funnels up the stairways in parts of the ships (yuck!)

-library not open all day (I've read 4 books while here, it's my guilty pleasure on board)

-the ports-while lovely - make you feel like you are in an adult Disneyland (very artificial)

-our More room was right over the entertainment deck so a bit loud for trying to sleep when they were still playing-but we consider this not so much a negative as a lesson learned.

We would do it again-we paid ridiculously little for this trip and count it well worth it. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Upper 6359

Great room-but better not try to sleep early-see above :)