Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Niclar: Really disappointing

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Really disappointing

Sail Date: February 2014

Excited to go on this cruise because of it being a larger and newer ship than the other five Carnival ships we had cruised on. The embarkation went really well and the cabin was very nice and clean. Our cabin attendant Leo was very nice and helpful. I liked the new way they gave the safety demonstration where we went to one of the dining rooms and sat down while they demonstrated everything. I always hated standing for 30 minutes while some drunk people tried to find where their station was. This was much better.

The first problem was when we departed and I went looking for the Sports Bar that all the other ships had. I was very disappointed to find there was none. I had to sit at a bar in the casino and watch the same basketball game on 7 TV's. You would think during the Olympics they would have that on instead but almost all the time it was basketball. The second thing that was bad was the food in the dining room. Always cold and not much flavor. We could not blame the More waiters because they did not cook the food. The food in the morning buffet was not much better. I did not know that you could make scrambled eggs out of hard boiled eggs but the cooks on this ship could. I do not know if it is because of budget cuts but it was awful. We ended up going to the omelet guy to make us scrambled eggs but even he over did the omelettes or scrambled eggs. He had the heat up too high where the eggs were dry and overcooked. I would send some of these people to cooking school or something. The Italian restaurant was excellent. We ate one lunch there and two suppers. Excellent service and food. The $12.00 per person was well worth having an excellent meal.

The last problem was the amount of children on this cruise. Concerning their behavior you can put that blame on the parents. Running down the halls without supervision. It seems the parents let their kids out in the morning and then forgot about them. No the real problem with them came in the place where the adults had to go to get away from them. The adult section was on the top of the ship. No pool and 2 hot tubs. One of which did not work all the time. On the other 5 ships that I cruised on the kids had the pool in the middle of the ship and the adults had the pool at the back of the ship. This was great for the adults because they had a pool of their own without kids splashing and playing. No on the Breeze they gave the kids the pool at amidships along with the large waterpark in the same section and the they also gave them the pool and hot tubs in the rear of the ship. I think if they want to cater to kids then they should give the adults without kids a better deal on the price. After all it is the adults that pay and not the children. Finally I would not recommend this ship to anyone and my wife and I are contemplating another cruise line. I would rate this cruise a 1 out of 5 which is not good at all. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>