Safari Explorer Cruise Review by Dadink: Unfortunate turn of service

Unfortunate turn of service

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Other

This was out 8th cruise with this company. This was by far the most disappointing. Our previous 7 were rated 5+, even the weather cursed trip we had. I would give this no more than 2 stars. Too many people. American Safari, the original name, was about yatching. This is cruising. Our first seven trips included intimate contact with naturalists and crew. The twice as large boat left little time for the naturalist to do anything other than paperwork and planning. No education and limited excursion information, left day to day planning wanting.

The crew was very, very young and inexperienced. They made a noble effort but fell short. The Captain was great, perhaps because I been with him before though. This is the only trip when I didn't know that the first mate knew me and my wife. The bigger boat has lead to a depersonized experience.

Un-Cruise should be renamed th Un-Wise. Gone are the embarkation tours, gone are the premium wines and spirits, gone is the local meal More flexibility, gone is the intimacy. In short Un- Wise Cruise has abdandoned their core business. If you have only experience NCL or Carnival, you will love it. If you are an American Sarfari vet, think twice. Less

Read more Safari Explorer cruise reviews >>