Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by hellalegit: BEWARE: Theft

Norwegian Dawn 1
hellalegit
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

BEWARE: Theft

Sail Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

The cruise was alright, but a crew member stole my soccer jersey from my cabin. I'm sure they do it all the time too - it's the kind of item that is untraceable and low enough in value for NCL to not care. You can mail a stolen item at any port after you get off the boat, so how can they get caught?

Deck 8, Port forward - watch out.

The fact that NCL doesn't care that their crew members are doing this is the worst part. After 1 hour on hold waiting for customer service they told me nothing could be done unless it was in writing anyway . . . so I had to submit a complaint on paper or online.

The note I received from them a month later directed me to their legal protection for anything stolen from my room during the cruise.

As far as a real review goes:

Their gratuity policy means people that do a great job don't get paid well and people that do a shitty job get paid the same amount and it's unclear who is or is not getting tipped from that More money.

The entertainment was a mixed bag.

The buffet was fantastic. The Garden Cafe was awesome. The Venetian was pretty good on two of the nights. Aqua lounge was poor. Blue Lagoon was great, but they turned us away for breakfast on the last day because we were a minute late.

There seemed like the boat had a lot of people on it . . . why were the events so lame?

Enjoyed the cruise generally, but I don't think any of the things I enjoyed about it were unique to Norwegian Cruise Lines. Less

Published 03/05/14