MSC Musica Cruise Review by stctower: CRUISER BEWARE

Compare Prices on MSC Musica Southern Caribbean Cruises

CRUISER BEWARE

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: La Romana (Casa de Campo)

We have been on about 15 cruises, but first with MSC so we know what we are doing.

I really dont know where to begin, but on a positive side the check in went well, but to many small steps to take and it wasnt all computerized, luggage to the cabin was quick, the ship was nice and all of the staff that we dealt with were very good.

Now the issues: Almost everything on this ship was catering to the French and Europeans. Very little was in English which didnt help us but we have been on numerous cruises so we were able to get around fine.

In general the food was sub-par, most of the buffet foods were warm at best, the dinner in the main dinning rooms had very poor selections but the taste was fine. Interestingly enough that when we were asked what we wanted to drink we both asked for water, the waiter asked for the card, we said no just regular water, not bottled and we were told they couldnt do that. After a discussion he said he would speak to someone and More then brought us tap water....WOW, and that was the start of the cruise.

The biggest problem that we had is that somewhere the itinerary changed and we were not notified of the change. I understand you have the right to do that but we also have the right to know what is happening. We had and paid for an excursion on Antigua for Thursday and on Monday night realized we were going to Antigua on Tuesday and there was no way for us to change our reservation, thus we spent $170 and got nothing for it. We requested a refund for this from MSC. After I followed the correct channels of email and forms, 2 months went by and finally a response from Florida, just saying that it was being sent to Naples for review and it would be another 2 - 3 weeks. This went by and no response, so I called and after 40 minutes on hold, I was told that the itinerary never changed and no refund. I contacted the booking agent www.affordabletours.com. who spoke to MSC as well as they had the wrong itinerary from them and MSC did nothing. www.affordabletours.com is going to reimburse us the tour fee after two days of talking to them. Communications is key in any business and it was really lacking on MSC.

Security was also pretty much a joke with the xray machines, numerous times there was not even anyone watching what was going thru. All TV stations were in French except for the one CNN station that was from Europe.

The shows were short but in general they were good and we was surprised. There does need to be more things to do at night, like comedy shows, karaoke and more things for kids as well. I will say the ship was very clean and appeared well taken care for. It was also very interesting that the ship takes on passengers at the different port of calls which I think is a very good thing to do, no one else to my knowledge does this...We will be on another cruise soon, but never again on MSC,

f anyone ever has a question feel free to email me at stctower@yahoo.com Less

Read more MSC Musica cruise reviews >>