Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by franl24fan: Sensational cruise for senior single lady

franl24fan
Member Since 2007
1,078 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Sensational cruise for senior single lady

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I was very pleasantly surprised at how great everything was. Also, at least 40% of the passengers were seniors, lots of kids but never saw them and they were no issue, also no problems with younger folks being drunk or loud. This was the 4 day, the weekend cruise might be different.

Embark was fast and efficient, as was debark. Liked the idea that when you get on board there are a lot of crew wearing tshirts saying ASK ME", makes it easy for someone to find help, although all you had to do was look lost and a crew member would try to help.

The ship is older, with the dead end hallways and some elevators not going to all the decks, but well kept up and very clean. My cabin was one of best I've ever had, oceanview on Deck 5 midship, very modern, tons of storage, shower was very large square shape with plastic curtain. One thing I really liked was the bed was placed sideways, so you could walk around it and look out the window, There were robes in the closet. No hair More dryer, but you just have to ask your cabin steward for one.

Best part of the cruise to me was the service from every crew member I met, could not believe how attentive they were. I had Your Time Dining, after the first night they asked if I wanted the same table, so I ended up sitting with same 3 couples each night. Orders were taken quickly, delivered quickly and every request was met. I thought the food was more than adequate in amount & quality. One thing I found kind of fun, was that every night the Maitre D organizes a show with the dining room staff, they sing and dance, guests join in, The Lido Buffet was also great, love the food court layout, never really had long lines, and there were always lots of tables available. The senior staff come around and ask if everything is OK, if you need anything, and they go and get it. Did room service one morning, again top notch service.

Shows were usual for cruise lines, although I was surprised that one was labeled as PG13, with dancers in thongs and doing suggestive dances, but fun. Comedian was funny, they have choice of family friendly or adult shows. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation Main 185

Oceanview on Deck 5 midship, very modern, tons of storage, shower was very large square shape with plastic curtain. One thing I really liked was the bed was placed sideways, so you could walk around it and look out the window, There were robes in the closet. No hair dryer, but you just have to ask your cabin steward for one.