Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by rcauteru: Family fun in the sun - enjoyed the new menu!

rcauteru
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Family fun in the sun - enjoyed the new menu!

Sail Date: February 2014

I have to start out by saying I am amazed by such negative reviews. And to the person who did not like "Muppet" (not Muffet), while I do agree with you that she was kind of abrasive, I don't think it was quite as bad as all that!!

We left out of Miami. Arrived a day early and stayed at the COurtyard by Marriott Downtown. They have a great shuttle to the port, only five bucks a person, but the walls and windows in the hotel are way too thin. The noise was a problem.

On to the Liberty....smoothest embarkation we have ever had. Our first Carnival cruise on the Splendor a few years back out of Long Beach was a nightmare. Everything here went great, we were on the ship before noon. Really liked the lido deck options. Guy's burgers were super good (even though I only ate a half one entire cruise, my husband and son had one almost every day!). The Blue Iguana has a really nice salsa bar and the breakfast burrito from there is perfect. I was not at all impressed with the More breakfast offerings at the buffet. We did do Brunch at Sea on one of the sea days and I guess I expected the food options to be a bit better. My Eggs Benedict still looked like they had been sitting a while. Was nice to have a sit down breakfast though and be served. We really enjoyed the new menus. I don't feel like I am missing anything and I especially like how they offer rare items and also the specialties of the port each day: cocktail, appetizer and entree. Dining room service was ok. Most nights went pretty smoothly. We had the 6pm seating in the SIlver room. I have to say our beverage guy was worthless. Most of the time he didn't come by our table until we had already finished our main course! Carnival lost out on some revenue there as we probably would have enjoyed a glass of wine each night.

LOVED the Punchliner comedy club! We saw 4 comics and by far they were even better than what we have experienced on prior cruises and lines. There was only one performer we were lukewarm on but everyone else we looked forward to their adult shows each night!

The ports were all quite beautiful. We especially enjoyed Grand Turks and Half Moon Cay since we had not previously been to either of those. We took a snorkeling excursion t Turtle Cove when we were on St. Thomas and it was really nice. The people who ran it were great and very knowledgeable.

Our cabin was good. We had a balcony which is always nice. The rooms were cleaned well though we did have to request that the bunk be put away each day. Seems to me they should do that automatically. The lower bed is supposed to be a couch but they never bothered converting it back each day. I was a little dissapointed by that.

All in all I would highly recommend this cruise. We definitely got our moneys worth and it's a beautiful ship! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Upper 6247

This room was a litle noisy at night as it was above the showroom but was usually done by 11pm. We weren;t in the room most nights anyway!