Celebrity Century Cruise Review by ryzoff: Got what I paid for it....

ryzoff
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Got what I paid for it....

Sail Date: February 2014

I just recently returned from an 8 night cruise on the Celebrity Century. My family was able to get a TREMENDOUS deal on this cruise when we booked it last July. HOWEVER, the price we paid I felt like was the value of the cruise itself.

The itinerary was really nice. Stopping in places like Grand Turk, St. Croix, San Juan, and St. Barts (Though shutting of the water plant to make the Bathrooms on the island unusable was absolutely DUMB!!) made it nice. But, for some reason, I was very happy to get off the ship quickly when we finished this cruise this past Sunday. (2/23/14)

My kids enjoyed the Fun Factory immensely and they enjoyed the trip a whole lot. But I felt like that this ship is really geared towards a Senior crowd and not a family at all. But I found it odd that most of the ammenities of the ship were closed by 11:30 with the exception of one club and the casino. The food was great, but our waiter in the dining room had zero personality and was completely More overwhelmed the entire time, leading us to eat at the buffet for dinner at least half the time we were on there. I would say that the overall experience on the ship was okay at best. I still like Celebrity cruises, but will ensure that I travel on a bigger ship moving forward. Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Century 9078

Very roomy, given the fact that 4 of us slept in there. Lots of closet space, but the toilet stopped working one day in the bathroom.