Marco Polo Cruise Review by jhickman4@gmail.com: Thumbs up for Marco Polo

Thumbs up for Marco Polo

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: London (Tilbury)

I feel I really must write this review after all the negative reviews about this lovely old lady recently after the tragic accident on February 14th 2014.

We have sailed with Cruise and Maritime on Countess, Discovery and a Marco Polo and will be going to Norway on Marco Polo this weekend.

We love the ship and think the crew are all very hard working. Nothing is to much trouble for them.

We went to Iceland last year on Discovery after I had a serious operation in the April. I was cleared by my specialist to go but unfortunately was taken ill aboard and had to spend a night in the ships hospital. they were fantastic and the tests carried impressed my specialist when I returned home. I was given a menu sheet the day before at the evening meal and meals were adjusted to suit my diet. We went in Marco Polo in October and I was given the menu sheet again with out asking. Fantastic service and the meals are beautiful.

Yes the ship is old but it was built More to withstand ice and heavy weather so we felt very safe on her even though on our cruise in October we hit a very bad storm and had force 10 gales. My husband is ex merchant navy and would certainly not sail on on unsafe ship.

Many of the passengers who travel with Cruise and Maritime are elderly and I do not think that the ship will move even in calm conditions!

As for the virus - 99 per cent of the time it is careless passengers who cause this problem. There is no excuse on this ship not to cleanse your hands. Everywhere there are sprays and waiters with hand sanitisers some passengers just ignore them.

I hope Cruise and Maritime continue with these lovely old vessels for many years to come and we will certainly continue to use this company as long as we feel fit. Less

Read more Marco Polo cruise reviews >>