Dawn Princess Cruise Review by skaren@skymesh.com.au

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Dawn Princess Cruise Review by skaren@skymesh.com.au
Dawn Princess
Dawn Princess
Member Name: skaren@skymesh.com.au
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Melbourne
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: AA
Cabin Number: p229
See More About: Dawn Princess Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Dawn Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Dawn Princess Deck Plans
Floating retirement village.

I was very disappointed with my 13 night cruise to N.Z 5th.Feb to 18th FEb 2014. Not enough to do on board that didn't cost money. The entertainment staff seemed to be running around but not doing anything, The daily itinerary (Princess patter) was of gambling, church services, and spa treatments that had to be paid for. The TV in the room was even considered a form of entertainment, eg wake up show with Mark an Matt 6am -noon, repeated every half hour. 7am- long and lean stretch, Fab abs core work out 7.30am. pilates 8am. knitters and natters get together 8.45. TRX suspension training 9.00am. 9am -1pm tongue and pulse assessment. carpet bowls 9.30 am, Zumba 9.30 am. QIIZ (something for me to do) 11.45 -12.15 strict. then we have Relaxing afternoon -piano melodies......need I go on, movies shown outside on the large screen couldn't be heard, no subtitles either, a movie shown inside at the theatre, usually packed full of people, the first four days at sea we had a Piano accordionist every night for our entertainment, good to see/hear for half an hour, but after that I was looking for more interesting things to do. all around the ship in the lounge areas, elderly people were snoring in the armchairs. Even they were complaining about the lack of things to do. There was one show on that I really enjoyed ..Fredy Mercury, show, excellent. I am early fifties, far from dead and like to be entertained, if I want to play bowls gamble etc I don't need to go from my local town. I want to feel alive and happy, it would have been good to get a way from it on this cruise, unfortunately it didn't happen.

The food on board was excellent, but due to boredom, I found myself wandering in to the buffet, eating, just to fill in time. I really think they could do better, even going to the quiz AM and Pm the staff made us feel as if we were interrupting their day, one guy even commented that he had put himself out to come and entertain us with question's. some entertainment? he was insulting. There was also a comedian on board who was insulting to the older travelers and he commented that perhaps they had forgotten their nappies etc. not very funny. The room and waiting staff were very efficient and perhaps the cruise director and entertainment staff could learn from them. they certainly need to revise the on board daily listings for entertainment and not include the obvious, such as lunch, as passengers we know about that, we also know about the casino, no need to advertise it as if it is a great event. And for those who don't gamble or poke maybe you had better develop an interest otherwise you too will be bored. Not enough toilets on board for 2000 travelers, and some not well marked. Don't bother taking a tour, what you read is not what you get and is very expensive.

Publication Date: 03/04/14