Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by radgalut

Norwegian Sun
Member Name: radgalut
Cruise Date: February 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
Fun in the Sun

I just got back from an 11 day cruise with my parents and I have to say Norwegian doesn't disappoint. We had an inside cabin for 3 and I really appreciated the couch that made out into a bed so I didn't have to climb into an upper bunk. The Entertainment was probably the best I have seen, I was particularly impressed with the Soul Duo, Graffiti Classics, and the comedians.

The Sun is a smaller ship making it easy to get around, but there was a shortage of deck chairs on the sea days. I think a lot of the problem was with people holding chairs all day.

The ports and shore excursions I arranged through the ship were great except for Guadalupe, but more about that later. The MIDUSHI excursion in Aruba was incredible, it was my first time snorkeling and they were so accommodating and helpful. The crew made sure everyone had a great time, and the snack was a full meal. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a great day on the water. The other great ship excursion I took was snorkeling with Captain Nautical. They use a fast boat to get you to the coves and we had an hour in the water at 2 separate locations.

We did an Irie Tours in Curacao it was a blast and one of the best land tours we did.

Guadalupe was interesting and I enjoyed my tour of the zoo and the tree top walkways but overall I was disappointed in the stop. Dispatching the tours was chaotic, and while our guide spoke English, this was the first tour he had ever led and had not even visited the site. My parents described there tour as a drive around the island at 50 miles an hour with a guide who barely spoke English and didn't have much to say. I heard a lot of the other people from the ship complaining about their tours and a lot of the shops wouldn't take american or Canadian $ or gave different exchange rates.

Overall it was a great trip and I would definitely cruise on the Sun again.

Publication Date: 03/04/14