Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Nancy27: Exceeded Expectations!

Nancy27
Member Since 2014
1 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Exceeded Expectations!

Sail Date: February 2014

The best family vacation ever! my 14 yr old daughter loved the teen club. She made some wonderful friends right away and they became inseperable. The ropes course and walking the plank were some favorite activities. Food in the complimentary restaurants was so good I didn't need to try the cover charge ones. Loved the show Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor. The comedians were funny and did not swear!!! The magic show was fun but get there early and pay for the premium seats or you won't be able to see well. The workout rooms were well attended but I always got the machines and weights I needed. I booked a massage the first day on a "special" but wish I would have waited until later on a port day when the deals seemed sweeter.

We had room 12238 which has an odd blank triangle on the deck plan but turned out to be a larger balcony. Rooms are even nicer than they appear in the pictures. Good outlets for charging electronics. The stool under the vanity doubled as a table and a More storage unit. Lots of storage and very comfortable for 3 people. It could sleep 4 with a bed pulled out of the ceiling. Bathroom had great storage too. Was glad I brought a small flashlight/nightlight and a watch so I could see the time with the heavy curtains closed.One of my favorite things was sitting on my balcony at night - lovely! If you are going to the airport after the cruise grab a shuttle bus. The line for taxis was tooooo long! Less

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Getaway 12238

We had room 12238 which has an odd blank triangle on the deck plan but turned out to be a larger balcony. Rooms are even nicer than they appear in the pictures. Good outlets for charging electronics. The stool under the vanity doubled as a table and a storage unit. Lots of storage and very comfortable for 3 people. It could sleep 4 with a bed pulled out of the ceiling. Bathroom had great storage too. Was glad I brought a small flashlight/nightlight and a watch so I could see the time with the heavy curtains closed.

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day

(3)

I just wanted to go to the beach and was worried about safety and cleanliness of going on our own so went with the tour. The boat ride took an hour. The lagoon is small and does not front the ocean. You can walk behind the lunch pavilion and get to a small beach on the ocean but it is not good for swimming. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Lunch was disappointing after the great food on the ship. It was safe and clean and not so crowded the last hour as many people had to catch the 4:00 boat and we could wait for the 5:15. We walked over and saw the dolphins.

This was our first port. We did not book a tour just walked off the boat and for $7.00 a person took the water taxi to the town of Phillipsburg. The beer is only $1.50-$2.50 a bottle. We walked along the beachfront which was full of not very nice lounge chairs and umbrellas placed very close together these were for rent. Most seemed to go for 2 chairs, 2 drinks and an umbrella for $20. But we just walked past and put our ship towels down on some vacant sand and played in the ocean. It seemed very safe. We were not accosted by sales people and were not worried about our stuff being taken. I wish we had walked all the way down the beach and rented chairs at a hotel at the far end but this was as far as my people would walk. It was very nice when we arrived back at the ship to be met with cold damp clothes, cold drinks and be able to exchange our sandy towels for fresh ones before we boarded.

We did not get off the boat as there was not a whole lot of time and it was not possible to walk to a beach from the ship. If we had more time I would have booked the tour to Trunk Bay on St. Johns.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews