Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by mamume43

Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: mamume43
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Awesome Amenities

My family of 5 were all very impressed not only with the suite but the staff was excellent. The suite was very comfortable. It had a whirlpool tub in addition to a shower in the main BR and a queen bed in the 2nd BR. Our butler, Hasidinil rang our doorbell every afternoon delivering fresh fruit, sandwiches, chocolates, cheese, cookies, etc. Nice touch! Jerome was our cabin steward and always had our cabin in tip top shape. Then there was Patrick Verido, our Concierge. Wow! He treated us like royalty. He was extremely efficient and hard working. We all enjoyed eating in Cagney's daily as one of the perks of being in a suite. We were escorted off the ship at all the ports by Patrick with out ever waiting in a line. He made all our dinner reservations whatever time we wanted them.

"Second City Improv" from Chicago was part of the entertainment this week and they were wonderful. We went to all 3 of there shows and one was better than the next! We loved them and I can't remember when I laughed so much. Dan Dan was the Cruise Director and stands out as one of the best. The other shows we went to were very good also.

The casino was fun. Out of all the cruises I have been on, this was the first time I ever saw so many winners on a cruise ship! I was one of them! Yay! John was one of the bar servers. After the first evening there, he would call me by name and remember what I drank. He always had a smile and made me feel welcome. Good customer service!

We ate dinner in the Venetian and the staff was very efficient and friendly. None of us had any complaints, We were able to order everything we wanted. Believe me....everything.....my Son and Grandson ordered 2 dinners every evening and enjoyed every bite of them. The Garden Cafe Buffet had a more than average variety and although we didn't eat there daily, when we did, we enjoyed it.

Cons.....The ship is a little on the older side and could use some upgrades especially at the pool but the Pros far outweighed the Cons and we all agree we would go on the Norwegian Dawn again.

Publication Date: 03/04/14