Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by mamume43: Awesome Amenities

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Awesome Amenities

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Tampa

My family of 5 were all very impressed not only with the suite but the staff was excellent. The suite was very comfortable. It had a whirlpool tub in addition to a shower in the main BR and a queen bed in the 2nd BR. Our butler, Hasidinil rang our doorbell every afternoon delivering fresh fruit, sandwiches, chocolates, cheese, cookies, etc. Nice touch! Jerome was our cabin steward and always had our cabin in tip top shape. Then there was Patrick Verido, our Concierge. Wow! He treated us like royalty. He was extremely efficient and hard working. We all enjoyed eating in Cagney's daily as one of the perks of being in a suite. We were escorted off the ship at all the ports by Patrick with out ever waiting in a line. He made all our dinner reservations whatever time we wanted them.

"Second City Improv" from Chicago was part of the entertainment this week and they were wonderful. We went to all 3 of there shows and one was better than the next! We loved them and I can't remember More when I laughed so much. Dan Dan was the Cruise Director and stands out as one of the best. The other shows we went to were very good also.

The casino was fun. Out of all the cruises I have been on, this was the first time I ever saw so many winners on a cruise ship! I was one of them! Yay! John was one of the bar servers. After the first evening there, he would call me by name and remember what I drank. He always had a smile and made me feel welcome. Good customer service!

We ate dinner in the Venetian and the staff was very efficient and friendly. None of us had any complaints, We were able to order everything we wanted. Believe me....everything.....my Son and Grandson ordered 2 dinners every evening and enjoyed every bite of them. The Garden Cafe Buffet had a more than average variety and although we didn't eat there daily, when we did, we enjoyed it.

Cons.....The ship is a little on the older side and could use some upgrades especially at the pool but the Pros far outweighed the Cons and we all agree we would go on the Norwegian Dawn again. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 11060

Our Family suite was very comfortable. The main BR was large for a cabin with a double vanity, whirlpool tub in addition to a shower and plenty of closet space. The second bedroom was like an inside cabin, had a queen size bed and also a pull down bed that we did not use. The living/dining area was a nice comfortable size for the 5 of us, and the sofa turned into a single sized bed. The suite included tableware, coffee maker and ref. All of the areas had a door to close for privacy and all had there own thermostat for comfort. The amenities that went with the suite were the best part. Butler and Concierge far exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful time.