Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by rickmont: My wife and I have cruised over 30 times.

rickmont
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Southern Caribbean Cruises

My wife and I have cruised over 30 times.

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My wife and I have cruised over 30 times. We have cruised on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Holland American, Disney, Princess and Carnival lines.

We cruised on the Equinox for an 11 night cruise on October 10, 2014 with our friends who are also experienced cruisers. We are all in our 60's. We had a Veranda cabin on the 8th floor.

We have always liked Celebrity Cruises, but have felt that the food was not up to par with cruises in the past. I am happy to report that this cruise offered outstanding cuisine. We sampled all three specialty restaurants and they were outstanding. Our favorites were the Tuscany Grill, Silk Harvest and Murano in that order. The main dining room featured outstanding food. Our waiters, Moses and Delroy did an outstanding job.

Our room stewards, Sarip and Rama did an outstanding job in keeping our cabin clean.

The Captain and his crew are to be commended for running a first class operation. Staff officers were very visible More throughout the cruise. Every staff person and employee we came in contact with on the ship greeted us. The ship was immaculate, which is the standard for Celebrity.

The Cruise Director Paul was one of the best if not the best on any cruise we have taken. He surprised us with a duet with one of the female singers on the last night. His singing voice is incredible. We greatly enjoyed the entertainment.

We booked all of our tours through Trip Advisor recommended companies at great discounts compared to the ship's pricing. One of the highlights was a Segway tour in Cartagena. None of us had ridden a Segway before, but the tour guide and owner, Cesar, made us very much at ease. He graduated from Syracuse University so his English is excellent. It was fun to ride from site to site. We passed a ship's tour where about 75 people were trying to hear and follow one guide. No thanks.

Another excellent tour was rafting through the caves in Belize with Charlie Chan. Great personalized service.

All four of us agreed that this tour was one of the best ever. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cave-Tubing Adventure

Excellent guide and personalized service.

Segway Tour

One of the best tours ever.