“Some problems need to be addressed”
Cruise review of Seven Seas Navigator

williebgoode Seven Seas Navigator 2 Some problems need to be addressed
williebgoode
Member Since 2008
Overall Member Rating

As background, this is probably my 35th cruise or so over the last 30 years. The level has spanned from Crystal to Oceania, Princess, Windstar, NCL, and a few others I've forgotten or don't exist anymore.

Looking for an upscale cruise this time for our 30th, but a smaller ship than Crystal, we booked this Regent cruise. I'd like to be able to comment more on the quality of food, etc., but on day 4 I got the stomach flu, which lasted the duration of the trip. Last time out on Oceania (same parent), same thing happened to the wife in Bangkok.

Now the concept of cruising has always had appeal for me, but these cruise lines really need to step up and get real as to what's creating this problem. It's the food serving areas and the housekeeping. The veranda buffet is all self service -- everyone handling every spoon in every bowl. Does Regent seriously think the Purell dispensers they've placed out are going to kill flu virus? No they don't - Why not serve the passengers in the line ?? . There is also this continuous exchange of unused plates and silverware from table to table in the dining room - just another way to transmit viruses. And then there's the problem of the stateroom two doors down that overflowed its toilet and had our housekeeping staff cleaning and drying that mess up for a couple of days and also cleaning our room. Another big red flag for virus transmission.

So in summary, our 30th was a bust and it cost me a lot of coin. Regent would like to position itself as a six star line. Not in my book. Beware !

Seven Seas Navigator Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

717
Nice large veranda stateroom. Made considerable creaking noises at night with ship's motion.
Published 03/03/14
Read Cruise Critic’s Seven Seas Navigator Review
Seven Seas Navigator Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?