Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by williebgoode

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by williebgoode
Seven Seas Navigator
Seven Seas Navigator
Member Name: williebgoode
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Navigator Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Navigator Deck Plans
Some problems need to be addressed

As background, this is probably my 35th cruise or so over the last 30 years. The level has spanned from Crystal to Oceania, Princess, Windstar, NCL, and a few others I've forgotten or don't exist anymore.

Looking for an upscale cruise this time for our 30th, but a smaller ship than Crystal, we booked this Regent cruise. I'd like to be able to comment more on the quality of food, etc., but on day 4 I got the stomach flu, which lasted the duration of the trip. Last time out on Oceania (same parent), same thing happened to the wife in Bangkok.

Now the concept of cruising has always had appeal for me, but these cruise lines really need to step up and get real as to what's creating this problem. It's the food serving areas and the housekeeping. The veranda buffet is all self service -- everyone handling every spoon in every bowl. Does Regent seriously think the Purell dispensers they've placed out are going to kill flu virus? No they don't - Why not serve the passengers in the line ?? . There is also this continuous exchange of unused plates and silverware from table to table in the dining room - just another way to transmit viruses. And then there's the problem of the stateroom two doors down that overflowed its toilet and had our housekeeping staff cleaning and drying that mess up for a couple of days and also cleaning our room. Another big red flag for virus transmission.

So in summary, our 30th was a bust and it cost me a lot of coin. Regent would like to position itself as a six star line. Not in my book. Beware !

Publication Date: 03/03/14
More Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Navigator review Read the next Seven Seas Navigator review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews