“A Little Worn in Places, But a Great Crew and Very Good Food”
Cruise review of Celebrity Century

Podie Celebrity Century 5 A Little Worn in Places, But a Great Crew and Very Good Food
Podie
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Having been on the S-class ships, I wanted to experience the smaller Century. There were some worn spots (even my sheets had seen better days), but every morning people were cleaning everywhere you looked, and my concierge cabin was kept spotless.The two attendants were wonderful. Getting seated and served with Select Dining was hot or miss. Some nights took forever and some were too rushed. I would not do it again.

The food was very good 99% of the time. Even the buffet was quite good. The ship never seemed crowded and there was always a seat at the Cova Cafe (excellent) and a lounge chair somewhere near the pool. The Captain was very visible and personable. I was disappointed with the Persian Garden's two steam rooms as neither worked correctly despite complaints. The ship had the feel of a cozy club where everyone said hi whether or not you'd ever seen them before - and that was true of the passengers as well as the crew. All in all, very comfortable!

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9112
Very comfortable with lots of storage. Vessel sink caused water to splash all over every time it was used.

Port

There was a nice "tourist village," but the locals were some of the nicest people I have ever encountered! $4 local beer, great food, decent scuba diving - a place I would love to return to.

Read 1,364 Grand Turk Reviews
Port

I would give this port a zero if I could! The locals were incredibly rude and made it clear they didn't want us there. "Closed" signs were put up as we arrived. They announced none of the restrooms on the island worked, which was a blatant lie. We rented a car and drove around but encountered the same hostility everywhere. WHY do they stop there?

Port

Spent the day at Sand Castle Hotel enjoying the beach. Two chairs, umbrella, and rum punches cost $30. The food was spectacular and reasonably priced. The cab drivers were terrible rip-offs but a local lady with a shuttle service took us round trip for $6. She said the cab drivers were the reason they couldn't get more tourists there. Regardless, it was a wonderful port!

Published 03/03/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Century Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?