Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by live2vayk

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by live2vayk
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: live2vayk
Cruise Date: February 2014

Girls Cruise

This cruise was 4 adults, and three teens. Mothers/daughters/aunt. We had two interior rooms and left the adjoining door open. All but two of us have sailed before, and those of us who have sailed have all been on RCCL. This was a quick 4 night cruise with one stop in Cozumel. I was worried about the atmosphere as I had read on these boards that shorter cruises draw more of a drunken party crowd. That was not the case. I will say however that 4 nights is not long enough!

Embarktion: I drove our group to Port Everglades from the Holiday Inn Express on State road 84. This hotel is a suite property, and close be the cruise terminal. I then took our rental back to the airport and grabbed a cab back to the port. The cab ride cost me $20. More than I planned on, but at this point I didn't really care, I just wanted to get back to the port. I met up with my group at about 11:30, and we were on board and in the Windjammer by 12:30.

As I mentioned, we had two interior rooms, which worked fine for our group. My sister in law did have a freaky looking bug crawl on her in the night, and she jumped up and squished it, so we all got to see it the next morning. Gross! But I suppose it is one of those things you can't really help. There are bound to be insects in places on the ship. We did not see our room attendant much, but I left him a tip and note asking for ice each day, and he took care of that for us. We only got one towel animal, which was a little disappointing. Not a big deal, but being the first cruise experience for my Sister-in-law and my niece I was hoping for more.

The ship was great. Plenty to do, and well maintained. We didn't do half of what was available. As I said, 4 days, or really 3.5, just is not enough! I was on Freedom of the Seas in 2012 and Liberty of the Seas was pretty much identical. We did go to one show, it was OK.

Food: Johnny Rockets was fun and good food. $4.95 pp (I think it was) cover charge. And of course the kids wanted shakes which are also extra. We only went to the Windjammer once. We enjoyed the Café in the promenade, and the pizza at Sorrentos was OK. We did Anytime Dining, and that worked well for us. Our waiter every night was Alphonso, He was fantastic. The selection in the MDR was not wonderful, but we found enough to satisfy. They did not offer lobster tail on formal night. If you wanted lobster you had to pay for it. :( That was a bummer. Maybe because it was a short cruise? We ate breakfast in the MDR most mornings. Overall the food was fine. Not over the top, but totally acceptable for us, and enough options.

We exercised on the track in the morning, so we never went to the gym, but it looked nice in there! We didn't use the spa either.

We did have a mix up that I am still trying to get settled. We ordered 6 towels from gifts and gear for our group. A special surprise for the kids, and one for my sister in laws birthday and myself and my other sister in law. I ordered three, and my sister in law ordered 3. They only delivered 3 total. So I went to guest relations and they supplied the 3 additional ones, but charged my seapass account for them. So we paid for 9. I have to dig through my stuff and call and get that fixed. That is a pain.

Our only port was Cozumel. We had a BLAST! We started the morning with snorkeling. It was the kids first time, they had fun. Then we went to Paradise Beach Club. This place was great. Not crowded, and clean! Even the bathrooms were super clean. Good food, be it a bit pricey, (we ordered a lot of food however) it was yummy. We paid to use the water toys, the kids had so much fun on those. And they had a pool that was beautiful. I would return to Paradise Beach if ever in Cozumel again.

We did self carry off with our luggage to be sure we got to the airport in time. We left our room at 7, and were in a cab off to the airport by 8:15. Not to bad.

Overall, RCCL gave us a good experience. But I am looking forward to trying/returning to other cruise lines.

Publication Date: 03/03/14