Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by veeprescher

Embarkation: Galveston
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Pack a few tank tops

We just completed our maiden Cruise on board the Carnival Triumph and can’t wait to book again. The sit down dining was superb, the buffets as expected, shows enjoyable, the service remarkable, the atmosphere dazzling. It was our 25th anniversary so we chose a window cabin on the main deck. Our departure was delayed due to fog; it was wild watching the wake of the ship as the Captain made up for lost time. And although we were cruising at a faster than average speed we did not feel much movement on the ship. It’s easy to forget you are on a vessel and not in a luxury hotel.

There are 3 tips I would give; first do not check your luggage. Some suitcases were lost or missed placed the first night. Do the "self assist" debarkation. When we arrived back to Galveston, the port was closed due to fog so we had an “Extra” fun day at sea. Having our stuff made all the difference, others were not so happy. I felt bad for the next group because they arrived Galveston during Madi Gras and had to find other accommodations while we partied an extra night. Keep this in mind when making flight reservations. There were some very upset passengers, but we took it as a boon. Next, bring a hair dryer. The dryers in the cabins are a joke. And although power strips are listed as acceptable items to bring on board, they confiscated mine sighting fire hazard. I don’t believe they would have taken a hair dryer. I had to laugh later at them for taking my power strip as a fire hazard when I realized smoking was allowed on board. But drinking, gambling and smoking do seem to go together. The Casino was the only area that the smoke got to me. No one was smoking in the dining room or shows. Finally, layer. There are areas of the ships that are downright cold even when it’s hot out by the pool. Pack a few tank tops to be worn under and a sweater. The only thing bad I could site about a Cruise are the drunks, but a Vegas vacation holds the same downer. The cruise line makes is so easy to over indulge, not just liquor but with food too! I swear I gained 5 pounds.

Publication Date: 03/03/14