Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by grandmarnnurse: Fabulous ship

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous ship

Sail Date: February 2014

This was our 7th cruise, but 1st on RCCL. The Independence of the Seas was everything we expected from RCCL! It was simply beautiful and packed with many bars and entertainment venues. Our only complaint was having to walk through the casino to get to anything else on level 4. Don't get me wrong--we loved the casino, and spent many times there--but although the ship is billed as smoke-free, they do allow smoking in certain areas, and one is in a section of the casino that you are walking through. I found that families walking through we're exposing their children to second hand smoke--not cool!! Oh, there was a way to avoid it--by either going up or down a floor, then returning to the 4th level to where you wanted to be--a real hassle--very inconvenient! But other than that--I had no complaints. Our favorite pool area was the Solarium--an adult only area. They had a ton of different fun areas/activities for children, which would prompt me to take my grandchildren on this ship. My More husband and I traveled alone--celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary, but loved to watch all the children at activities--including the Flowrider. Our favorite bar/lounge was Bolaro, which served a fantastic Mojito, and had a great Latin group performing. We also liked the Pyramid lounge--with bands and dancing. Our dinner was in the Macbeth dinning room on Level 4--and the wait staff superb!! Our head waiter, Bryan Davis was great!! The room Stewarts were also great--attending to your every need. The ports of call were all great--especially Labadee, Haiti--RCCLs private beach area. We usually book Balcony staterooms, so this was our first Inside cabin. When we walked in, we were a little shocked at how small it was, but it turned out to be just perfect! We had enough space, and we really were in our cabin only to sleep and get ready for day or evening. We never missed the balcony, or even the window! Showers are very small--in all the staterooms. They are kind of like a glass in closed capsule!! Lol! I have to wonder how bigger individuals would comfortably use them! But all in all, we were extremely happy with the ship, and would sail it again! Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas 8407

Cabin was small, but more than adequate for the amount of time spent in it. It was very well appointed, and well maintained. Would choose it again. Shower was very tight--ok for us--but larger individuals may have a problem. These showers were in all cabins, though, from what I hear. Not just inside cabins.

(5.5)

Just loved this private beach stop!! Fabulous!!

Read 355 Labadee Reviews

We traveled by foot through Old San Juan and loved the beauty and architecture. It is an easy walk from the pier. There is also a free trolley that takes you all over San Juan.

Read 1353 San Juan Reviews

Scenic Railway

A lovely train ride through the lush countryside of St Kitts.

We have been there before, and knew exactly where we wanted to go! Our favorite(and the best) beach--Orient Beach!!