Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by kwill4u

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by kwill4u
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: kwill4u
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Galveston
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Royal Caribbean Cutting back on their expenses

I think they cut the budget too much on Navigator of the seas! The food selection was limited and repeated. The main dining room staff was untrained and very slow either due to understaffing or overworked and frustration.The 1st night they put us at a 14 top and had 1 waiter and an assistant pouring coffee and tea and offering bread.The dinner was uneventful and about 2.5 hrs long the food was lukewarm and the selection poor.The 2nd night at the same dining room but at a 4 top which we requested so we could actually talk to our friends who we booked the cruise with the dinner was ok but then they forgot our deserts,after sitting there for 45 minutes we finally asked where our deserts were? The order was lost and no one knew what we ordered...The next 3 nights we went to the Windjammer,the buffet, and Johnny Rockets for hamburgers.We went back to the dining room 1 more time,the food was cold the rolls were like rocks and the the head waiter wondered where we had been.. I spoke up and told him that the dining room was like a training ground for new ship employees and the food and the service was below par compared to last years cruise on the mariner of the seas! The entire cruise was subpar at best and you could see the cutbacks RCI has implemented to cut costs.no pool parties ,not as many shows,food choices very limited,service slow and not very happy.I guess since they get their tips automatically they don't smile much while serving anymore.It will be a long time before I ever go on a RCI cruise again if ever ! IT'S REALLY SAD TO SEE A ONCE GREAT CRUISE CO. GO DOWN HILL TO MAKE THE STOCK PRICE GO UP,I HOPE A VICE PRES. SEES THIS POST AND FIXES THE PROBLEMS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ! This was my 8th cruise and 2nd on RCI just a bad cruise and very disappointing,I talked to some employees and they verified my understaffed theory and frustrated over pay and long hours and not appreciated for their hard work by their bosses.It took 5 min. or longer to get a beverage and no one ever came to your table while in the bars or shows to offer you a drink as in all my previous cruises they treated you like GOLD ,and took great care of you not this ship they were so understaffed and untrained they could care less if you needed anything or not.

Publication Date: 03/02/14