Riviera Cruise Review by gemo1935

Riviera
Riviera
Member Name: gemo1935
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: Riviera Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Oceania Cruise Deals
Public Rooms Not Rated
Entertainment 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Riviera Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Riviera Deck Plans
Disappointed

Traveled the Red Eye, got to the ship in time for the drill. Having traveled all night and most of the departing day, we were very hungry. This ship has no food from 4-6:30. Room service is highly recommended. I live alone and do not wish to pay for a cruise to eat in my stateroom alone. By the time room service arrived it was time to go to a dining room for dinner. All the other cruises I have taken have always had a self serve area open all day and late into the night. I must comment on the staff....excellent service and always with a smile. We were fortunate to have the pleasure of the company of some of the performers at every afternoon tea . Eric, his lady friend and Kate were so interesting to visit with. Was so nice to have the company of young people. Food, entertainment and staff service was excellent. Not enough to do on this ship and really missed the promenade around the outside of the ship for walking and tanning. The area around the pool was not sufficient for the crowd on the ship and especially when the lounges were always reserved with books etc for hours even if no one showed up to use them and the staff were not concerned even when they were made aware of the problem. Glad we chose a stateroom with a veranda as we would have been stuck indoors in a stateroom. Tours are very expensive compared to other cruise lines.

We paid a high price for transportation to and from the ship. Going to the ship all went well but going back to Miami, traveling with a person needing help and a wheel chair, not so. We were dropped off miles from Air Canada gate and finally had help for the wheelchair from a Delta personnel but I had to drag two large suitcases, my carry on , and a bag for a long hard walk behind the wheelchair at top speed. Wheelchairs on the trip home were never at the airplane so we had to request them. We would have had more help from a taxi who charges $30 than from the cruise line who charged us over $138 each which was suppose to include help with the luggage.

This ship has turned me off on cruises, sorry to say. Perhaps land tours are much more fun as there are more stops at interesting places. I have always enjoyed cruises but now...perhaps not.

Publication Date: 03/02/14