MSC Divina Cruise Review by patriotemt

MSC Divina
MSC Divina
Member Name: patriotemt
Cruise Date: February 2014
See More About: MSC Divina Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Divina Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Divina Deck Plans
Beautiful ship, shorthanded crew.

I have been on 6 cruises so far, all seven days, and all Caribbean and I have never experienced such God awful service as I have on this ship. Clearly, the crew is either worn out, or just has lousy management. Even the front desk staff seems totally uncaring and unmotivated. I don't believe that I ever made eye contact with any member of Divina's staff once. There is something seriously wrong with the management of this vessel.

I only saw my cabin attendant once, for 3 minutes at boarding. His essence lingered for an extra half hour however. No inquiries during the cruise on how I was, or how the cabin was or how anything was, in general, from anyone. I found this unusual to say the least. My curtains were torn, my comforter stained, and I felt i was imposing on someone to even take a look at it.

The food was unexceptional. It wasn't terrible, but definitely not luxury cruise line fare. Literally I have had a much better meal on the other 5 ships I was on and that included Princess and RCL. The speciality restaurants are not all that special and have an al la carte menu, not a flat fee.

Generally, the ship had a general feel of non urgency, to say the least. Every customary thing I have become used to on HAL, RCL, Princess or NCL was absent here or only existent with some prodding. Even booking transportation to the airport was an eye rolling trial, of which I had to seek out since the line didn't begin offering it mid cruise like the other lines.

If this continues, I can't see the Divina competing against the big 4 cruise lines here in Florida.

Publication Date: 03/02/14