MSC Divina 3

“Beautiful ship, shorthanded crew.”
Cruise review of MSC Divina

patriotemt
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

I have been on 6 cruises so far, all seven days, and all Caribbean and I have never experienced such God awful service as I have on this ship. Clearly, the crew is either worn out, or just has lousy management. Even the front desk staff seems totally uncaring and unmotivated. I don't believe that I ever made eye contact with any member of Divina's staff once. There is something seriously wrong with the management of this vessel.

I only saw my cabin attendant once, for 3 minutes at boarding. His essence lingered for an extra half hour however. No inquiries during the cruise on how I was, or how the cabin was or how anything was, in general, from anyone. I found this unusual to say the least. My curtains were torn, my comforter stained, and I felt i was imposing on someone to even take a look at it.

The food was unexceptional. It wasn't terrible, but definitely not luxury cruise line fare. Literally I have had a much better meal on the other 5 ships I was on and that More included Princess and RCL. The speciality restaurants are not all that special and have an al la carte menu, not a flat fee.

Generally, the ship had a general feel of non urgency, to say the least. Every customary thing I have become used to on HAL, RCL, Princess or NCL was absent here or only existent with some prodding. Even booking transportation to the airport was an eye rolling trial, of which I had to seek out since the line didn't begin offering it mid cruise like the other lines.

If this continues, I can't see the Divina competing against the big 4 cruise lines here in Florida. Less

MSC Divina Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

8101
Modern balcony, comfortable bed. Stand alone shower that's kind of tight for a person over 200 lbs. A/C is weak.

Canopy Zipline

Very professional operator, quick and easy transport with narration to zip line site. Professional and personal instruction, and excellent care of clients. A very nervous experience for me that was made much better by the on the ball staff.

I am never impressed by this port of call. Basically a tourist trap at the dock site. If you were renting a condo in the interior of St Maarten I expect it would be much better. There are excursions that were interesting but it was too short a porting to take advantage of the ones that interested me.

Published 03/02/14

Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review

MSC Divina Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?