Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Wingsthatwork

Norwegian Epic
Member Name: Wingsthatwork
Cruise Date: February 2014
Entertainment Not Rated

There will be a next time but not on EPIC

5th cruise on NLC, with a 6th and 7th already booked. Tried the Epic for something different and travelled with another couple. We were in an aft suite on 13 and they were on the end in a balcony cabin.

The good :

Wine corkage fee - we certainly were not thirsty.

Great staff - pleasant, happy, smiling, only negative was a bit of attitude at O'Sheean's.

Very happy with Concierge Ryan and Butler Leo.

Enjoyed the cocktails.

Enjoyed many restaurants and found our "home" at Malting's. Goose has great memory for cocktails and taste in music.

A staff member at Cagney's who was concerned I did not have enough to eat and surprised me with an extra shrimp cocktail. This also happened at the Chinese restaurant where the waiter added a few noodle dishes as he thought we would starve. Enjoyed all our meals aside from O'Sheenan's.

Embarkation and debarkation - organized compared to Tampa!

Loved having Posh as a choice as children do like the pool and the Haven area was very full. We only wanted some sun so Posh was wonderful and restful. The lady working the area was a dynamo with the cold cloths, water and misting spray. I felt like royalty.

Kind and gracious staff at the Epic Club - I couldn't ruffle these folks even when I spilled OJ across the table.

Good/Bad

Cabin - A little worn and small compared to on the Star. The view was amazing and I love a aft cabin. I liked the bath (mind the step) and would have been very unhappy with our friend's bathroom shower combination on either side of the door. Having these features in the corner behind the bed head was preferable. Many places for storage - we probably didn't find them all.

The buttons that glowed all night long were annoying and especially the 8 second timer in the bathroom.

Spouse really hated the booming and vibrations from Spice. I had read that ear plugs might be useful and had some but we usually were woken up around 1:00 am.

The vibrations from pulling into port were also known to me - they were not awful but the glasses and the coat hangers formed a little symphony at 4:30 am. Remember to check the coat hangers before your first stop!

We were with friends and enjoyed the ports and our time together. Staff, Posh and Epic area made the cruise. Now we know the Epic isn't for us, but it was still a great vacation!

Publication Date: 03/02/14