Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by snorkpork: Amazing

Amazing

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

My wife and I are 50 and 58. This was our first cruise. We had such a great experience that, even though cruising seems beyond our affordability, we want to start saving now for our next one. Next time we may bring our almost grown kids before they all marry!

A short summery of the ship: The Jewel of the Seas is classy and very thoughtfully built. It was never crowded and not too many kids for those who want peace and quiet at times. The activities and dances and shows were good old plain fun! The Royal Caribbean staff made the week what it was! I was especially impressed by the level of excellent service by our room attendant. Warner treated us to a perpetually clean and tidied room. His towel creations were out of this world! His consideration and kindness exceeded my greatest expectations. Also, don't even bother with the specialty restaurants because the food in the Tides dining room was fabulous every day. The chefs did a superb job!. Our head waiter, Wilmar, was More cheerful and consistently helpful. Silviu, our assistant waiter, was so very consistent with his classy wine and roll service and daily was gladly responsive to our every request. My wife and I were delighted to have been acquainted with such fine gentlemen!

The five ports we visited provided adventures we'll never forget. The people of all five islands we visited were kind, friendly and went beyond what we would expect to make our visits delightful. Thanks everyone of the Royal Caribbean staff who served us on the ship, and thanks fellow cruisers for giving my wife and I the trip of a lifetime! Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas 9042

Bigger and better than we expected. Nice large balcony. The service is what made the room so comfortable! The beds were very comfy and the sheet were silky.