Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Any Port in a Storm

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Any Port in a Storm
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: Any Port in a Storm
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ignore the Ridiculous Reviews

I hardly ever write reviews online but I felt compelled to write a brief review after reading all the negative reviews I read before my cruise. I have been on over 25 cruises with all different cruise lines.

Embarkation and disembarkation were fast. Less then 15 minutes for each.

The cruise was great! Well worth what we paid (it was the expensive week since the schools were closed).

The rooms are comfortable, well designed and the bathrooms are big. The regular balconies are a little smaller then usual but there is still room for two people to sit. The bigger balconies have larger lounges to lay out on.

The decor of the ship is modern. The ship is kept really clean. The smoking area of the casino is really smokey (that was kind of annoying).

Staff is friendly and on par with all the other cruises I have been on.

The layout of the ship is a little different then most cruise ships but it totally works.

Activities on board are plentiful!

Entertainment on board is good. Of course there will be some things that you will like more then others. For example I enjoyed "Rock of Ages" but wasn't a huge fan of "Howl at the Moon" (granted I didn't give "Howl at the Moon" much of a chance.

Food was great. I'm sure someone probably got a bad meal at some point during the week but that happens (especially when you eat 21 meals on the ship. The best restaurants to pay for are Teppanyaki and La Cucina. I loved O'Sheehan's for breakfast, lunch and snacks (all free).

The spa is nice but I'm not sure it's worth $200.00 per person for the week. Maybe it's worth about $100.00 per person.

Overall the Breakaway is a great ship. If you don't like big ships then stick to the smaller ones. If you don't like having to pay for speciality meals or certain entertainment options then cruise with other cruise lines. The negative reviews are ridiculous in my opinion. I can't believe I was worried about going on this cruise after reading negative reviews.

Publication Date: 03/02/14