Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by mozin: NCL Getaway

5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

NCL Getaway

Sail Date: February 2014

Overall, the ship is very nice...The good points: new, clean , beautiful restaurants, the Waterfront, great bar staff, O'Sheehans Neighborhood a Bar and Grill.

The not-so-good stuff: although I had a Studio room which was surprisingly fine despite its small size, I heard lots of toilets flushing and water draining. I think I had a bad room as others did not have the same problem - but still, there should be better insulation. The room service was awful. Called and was told the wait would be 45 minutes...after 1hr and 45 minutes, still no food and no one could explain the problem. The pool area is the worst I've ever seen on a ship (I've been on at least 15 other ships)....way too cramped. They dedicate room for The Marketplace by the pool...just ridiculous ...and just another aspect of the feeling that they are trying to squeeze another dime out of you.

It's too bad that they could have had a great ship but prefer to sacrifice that goal just to try and get people to More spend more money Less

Published 03/02/14

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X