Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by userky17: Disappointing!

userky17
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Disappointing!

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

In my opinion, there were too many people, not enough crew in servicing the dining rooms and cabins. We have been on 7 cruises with NCL, and not only were we disappointed with this one, but my husband and I ended up with very bad stomach bugs. We are used to there being staff with the bottles saying washy washy, happy, happy but we didn't see any of that. People came in from the pools and just grabbing at the food before washing there hands. I even thought of all those gross hands touching the utensils. Yuck, We both got sick Thursday night and still have stomach issues and it's now Monday.

We also didn't like the fact that you had to do to the box office for tickets. On the Gem and Jewel we just showed up for the shows and got in. We did have 2 shows booked in advance but got upgraded and they got lost in the shuffle. So, we ended up going to No shows and just gambled for our nightly entertainment. The specialty restaurants were good and I do recommend them. La Cucina and More The Bistro were the best. In the future I will stick with the Gem. I hope everything on that ships remains the same. If they change things like they did on the Breakaway, I'm not sure I will be cruising anytime soon. Ps, not enough exercise machines!! Had to 20 minutes just to get on the treadmill. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>