Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by monkeylala13: Sad to be home :(

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Western Caribbean Cruises

Sad to be home :(

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

Let me start out by saying that I was a little (ok a lot) concerned about this cruise because of the past reviews. I am not sure where these people hang out or what they expect out of a vacation but I had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed it all!

- Embarking and Disbarking...... were possibly the easiest that we have ever encountered in NOLA. We have done Royal and Norwegian both out of there. We arrived to the boat about 2:00 (fairly slow time) and walked off ourselves for disembarking. We were in the car and headed home by 7:40!

- Food.... We ate at the main dining room for dinner every night. We did our time dining and went about 6:00. Food was great but slow! Prepare to be there almost 2 hours some nights! Chocolate melting cake and Creme brulee were to die for! Omelet bar was excellent for breakfast! We would sit by the window in Havana and enjoy the view. My husband loved Guy's burgers and I liked the Blue Iguana for pool days! I can't speak much for the buffet More because we very rarely went in there.

- My 7 year old loved the water slides, ropes course, mini golf and Camp Carnival! She loved going to school as she called it and made many new friends at Camp Carnival. It is free until 10:00 pm and she chose to stay most nights until then! We played golf the last day and it is super windy up there. The ropes course is for 48 in and above. She is under that but they let her go and she didn't have a problem at all! The water slides were her favorite. She used them everyday! The green slide kept getting closed down for what we were hearing as injuries. (Like cuts to feet and arms?) We never had any problems but beware. They must just be closing it down for a bit but never really fixing the problem!

- Entertainment.....Piano Bar with Ben (was just visiting from the Breeze so he is gone now) was great! So entertaining and funny! Swamp Thang always had a themed night in Oceans and they were a talented group to listen to. Andy Ferguson was out at the pool, in the atrium and in Red Frog Pub. He is amazingly talented! I bought his cd Wine and Whiskey so I could take him home with me! ;) Adam Coe was also in those same places. He has a great voice. He rocked it! Request he do some Smashing Pumpkins because he does it well!

- Lots of scary reviews on the water leaks and smells. We did see a few drips mid 6 and heard someone say it was dripping in their room. And every once and while a sewer smell as you walked mid 6. But FYI there was absolutely nothing wrong with 6367 or 6365!

- Honduras go to Little French Key. We booked on our own not through the ship. Worth every single penny! AMAZING.....there are no other words to describe this piece of paradise!!

- Belize after getting back on board I heard to go to Caye Caulker or Caulker Caye whatever it is called! Heard it was beautiful! Last year we did Cave Tubing and Ziplining. Pretty but not something we wanted to do again this year. We just shopped around the port for a couple of hours and then enjoyed the waterslides on board!

- Cozumel go to Paradise beach. $14 taxi from the port and $3 to use the beach and facilities. It is pretty and has lots of shade if you are in need of that at the end of your trip as we were! Food is great as well. We had the nachos and fajitas. Not a bad price and the beer is cold!

- If you like to drink the drink package is worth your time and money! You get 15 drinks a day (anything you want) for like $300 for the week! Not bad considering the mixed drinks are about $10 and beer is $6. That adds up quickly!!

We can't wait to go back! I am already look for our next cruise! Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>