Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jeffnorthrup: Absolutely fabulous

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Absolutely fabulous

Sail Date: January 2014

I totally enjoyed every minute of this cruise. The ship itself was clean, well-staffed, had excellent service, rocked at night, provided excellent food and tons of it. I can't say enough good things. Specifically, I could live on the Lido Deck. Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana Cantina (part of the Fun Ship 2.0 makeover) were excellent spots for lunch (both) and breakfast (Cantina). Guy's burgers are just right and the amount and range of toppings is superb. The Huevos Rancheros at the cantina are made to order (eggs fried before your eyes) and make a super breakfast dish. At lunchtime, the soft tacos have a choice of fillings and every accompaniment imaginable. And all that is not to mention the buffet stations both for lunch, breakfast, and dinner, and the panini station, as well as the 24-hour pizzeria. If there's room, I also recommend the dining room. We enjoyed the new dining setup. Who cares about tablecloths when the service is quick and attentive and the entree choices More include lobster tail and prime rib. Dessert is a treat (particularly the melting chocolate cake).

As for entertainment, we went to the main showroom four times and each show was interesting, if a bit short. The comedy lounge (we saw the adult version) was hilarious. The casino was large and the games varied and the EA Sports Bar a lot of fun at trivia time. Even an extra sea day when we couldn't tender in to Grand Cayman because of weather was fine as there was plenty to see and do on the ship. I've already booked my second cruise on Glory. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Oceanview Riviera 1374

I had the twin beds made up as a King and it was huge and comfortable, since I was sleeping alone. The cabin staff was unobtrusive but always available and the stateroom was kept in immaculate condition. I loved the towel animals. There was certainly enough closet and drawer space and the bathroom did its job. Location, just aft of amidships, was fine and convenient to elevators and stairs;