“ Crown Princess 1/18/14-1/25/14 ”
Cruise review of Crown Princess

JohnBoy in NC Crown Princess 5 Crown Princess 1/18/14-1/25/14
JohnBoy in NC
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our first Caribbean cruise with Princess, I was really looking forward to it after a great experience in Alaska on the Sapphire….and I was not disappointed. In fact I think the cruise experience exceeded my expectations. Part of it could be I was “Carnivaled” out and this was a new ship to me as well as itinerary, but I don’t want to take away the wonderful dining, service, and entertainment that the Crown provided. This cruise had a large group from the American Bop Association – so that may have also contributed to a lively bunch of folks on the ship….this cruise certainly had a lot of vibe, and the evening venues/activities were always packed/standing room only.

We had Cabin P338 near the IC. Loved the location and it was quiet. For future Crown cruisers, our A/C was fine and toilet issues. The room fridge was the coldest I have ever had on a cruise. However we heard a loud water/mechanical “tick tock” for the last 3 or 4 days…it must have been in the ceiling above somewhere. The steady knocking slowly started to fade away near the end – I could still sleep, but pictured a grandfather clock to start off my dreams.

Embarkation was sorta quick--once they started to process those standing in line, we were eating in the MDR around 12:30pm.

The ship looked great to me, yes some minor areas of repair (few places on the lido deck and above had some outside decking/carpet spots that needed attention) – but overall she was clean and sparkling everywhere.

I wrote a more detailed review on the Cruise Critic Princess board, but in summary it was our best Caribbean cruise so far – mainly in terms of sea days, a nice ship, great food and service, entertainment, ports and weather. As I stated before, I was “Carnivaled” out and this was a nice change. I loved the live music throughout, just wished it was a tad more recent.

Crown Princess Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Crown Princess Review
Crown Princess Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?