Crown Princess Cruise Review by JohnBoy in NC: Crown Princess 1/18/14-1/25/14

Overall Member Rating

Crown Princess 1/18/14-1/25/14

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was our first Caribbean cruise with Princess, I was really looking forward to it after a great experience in Alaska on the Sapphire….and I was not disappointed. In fact I think the cruise experience exceeded my expectations. Part of it could be I was “Carnivaled” out and this was a new ship to me as well as itinerary, but I don’t want to take away the wonderful dining, service, and entertainment that the Crown provided. This cruise had a large group from the American Bop Association – so that may have also contributed to a lively bunch of folks on the ship….this cruise certainly had a lot of vibe, and the evening venues/activities were always packed/standing room only.

We had Cabin P338 near the IC. Loved the location and it was quiet. For future Crown cruisers, our A/C was fine and toilet issues. The room fridge was the coldest I have ever had on a cruise. However we heard a loud water/mechanical “tick tock” for the last More 3 or 4 days…it must have been in the ceiling above somewhere. The steady knocking slowly started to fade away near the end – I could still sleep, but pictured a grandfather clock to start off my dreams.

Embarkation was sorta quick--once they started to process those standing in line, we were eating in the MDR around 12:30pm.

The ship looked great to me, yes some minor areas of repair (few places on the lido deck and above had some outside decking/carpet spots that needed attention) – but overall she was clean and sparkling everywhere.

I wrote a more detailed review on the Cruise Critic Princess board, but in summary it was our best Caribbean cruise so far – mainly in terms of sea days, a nice ship, great food and service, entertainment, ports and weather. As I stated before, I was “Carnivaled” out and this was a nice change. I loved the live music throughout, just wished it was a tad more recent. Less

Published 03/01/14

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: P338

We had Cabin P338 near the IC. Loved the location and it was quiet. For future Crown cruisers, our A/C was fine and toilet issues. The room fridge was the coldest I have ever had on a cruise. However we heard a loud water/mechanical “tick tock” for the last 3 or 4 days…it must have been in the ceiling above somewhere. The steady knocking slowly started to fade away near the end – I could still sleep, but pictured a grandfather clock to start off my dreams.

JohnBoy in NC
Member Since 2011
825 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X