Carnival Magic Cruise Review by naturallycurly: Loved the Magic!

naturallycurly
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Loved the Magic!

Sail Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

Our time on the Magic was simply wonderful. It got off to a rough start because of fog which closed down the port and delayed everything until that evening. However, once the fog lifted and we were able to get on board, the crew did everything to make it right. We only wish we had kept our coats on to get in line for hamburgers on the Lido deck because it was the only thing open and the lines were long. In retrospect, we should have ordered room service. It was so late, we went to our cabin and turned in. After that, we just relaxed, explored the ship, ate, and relaxed some more.

We chose not to book any excursions this time, but did get off in Roatan, Belize and Cozumel and walked around. The sea days were nice and we enjoyed just discovering what the Magic had to offer.

Our cabin steward, I Komang (I hope I got his name right) was great and took good care of us. I had a bottle of wine I was trying mightily to cool off using the small ice bucket. When we returned to More the cabin, he had found a bigger bucket, filled it with ice and cooled my wine which enhanced the evening. The towel animals are a riot. I looked forward to what new creation would be waiting on the bed each night.

We chose Your Time dining, which we will not do again. Only one floor of one dining room was set aside for it and the lines were horribly long. You either must get there early or very late to avoid them. This was the only time we encountered long lines, so we adjusted the time we got in line, or went somewhere else for dinner.

Our server the first night, Oktariani, (and her team Anulfo and I Made) was awesome and she even remembered us when she saw on the Lido deck at breakfast the next morning, so we requested her when we next went to the main dining room, which the hostess was pleased to accommodate. She made the dining experience very nice.

Breakfast was good. We got omelets every day, which are made to order. I loved the coffee bar, but it was only as a treat since you have to pay extra for it.

I highly recommend going to the Italian restaurant, Cucino del Capitano for the lasagna, which was to die for. We just couldn't finish it! It's free if you go at lunch.

I went for a spa mani and pedi and Lizelle did a great job and was nice to talk to.

Go to the Punchliners shows if you can. The comedians were hilarious, especially Ronnie Bullard, who had us rolling in the aisles. The magic show was great too. It was a Vegas type production and we enjoyed it a lot. Get there early though to get a good seat!

Coming back into port, Galveston was again blanketed in fog which delayed disembarking. However, once we were able to dock, things went reasonably quick getting off the ship and going through customs. It was too late to drive home, so we got a hotel and started out the next morning.

This was our first seven-night cruise and I'm glad we went on the Magic. The crew was great, everything was clean (there are hand purifier stations everywhere!) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'm sure we'll be booking on the Magic again. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Main 2287

We loved the cove balcony. It was nice to be so close to the water and we enjoyed the relative privacy. Our cabin was below the Guest Services area so was quiet. We never heard any noise at all. We were very close to the elevators so had no trouble getting to where we wanted to go. It is a bit of a hike to get to aft activities, but not nearly as bad as I'd feared. I'd do a cove balcony again in a heartbeat. My only concern is that this review will add to the other rave reviews and make them harder to get!