Safari Explorer Cruise Review by kenmaven: Unforgetable adventure

Unforgetable adventure

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Kona

This was one of the few trips we've taken that way exceeded our expectations!

I booked this based on a past very positive experience cruising Alaska on a small ship with a company no longer in existence, so my expectations were high to start with.

On our cruise the weather cooperated as did the whales, turtles and manta rays which we saw in great numbers. Of course UnCruise couldn't control those things but the things they could control were outstanding.

I don't go on a small cruise ship for a great culinary experience but I have to say that the food was excellent. We had at least two choices for lunch and dinner. The food was fresh, wholesome, presentation was good and the portions sensible.

The spirit and friendliness of the crew was unbelievable and infectious. To a person, they all seemed to love the experience and were unabashedly positive about UnCruise. No personal request seemed to be a bother to them.

The ship was clean and well More run. Our cabin was also clean and small but adequate.

This was an amazing trip and a great way to see the islands! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a soft adventure in an informal, attentive and friendly environment Less

Published 02/28/14

Read more Safari Explorer cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Safari Explorer Review >>

Cabin review: B8d

The cabin was small but clean and very adequate. We didn't spend much time in it except to sleep, shower and change clothes. There was to much to see and do to spend time lounging in the cabin.

kenmaven
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?