Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by AllisonB: Our first (and maybe last) cruise

AllisonB
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Our first (and maybe last) cruise

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

This was our first cruise and we had mixed emotions about it.

We really did not like the dining arrangements, in fact we disliked them so much, had we known what it would have been like, we possibly would not have booked the cruise. We chose the late sitting (9pm) which was fine but we had to share a table of 10 with other people we did not really like/have anything in common with and when I asked if we could have a table of 2 was told nothing was available. We ate at the table only twice for dinner and had the remainder of our meals at the Windjammer which was always horrendously busy albeit the food was very good and plenty of choice.

Another thing I did not like was that it was just so busy. It was practically impossible to get a table at the Windjammer and the sunbeds were chained together so no room or privacy which I did not like at all.

I did not like the constant tipping either as whilst the service was OK it was nothing spectacular.

The More positives however were:-

Check in and embarkation surprisingly quick and amazingly well organised

Transfers to and from airport excellent

We had a internal room with no windows which was very small but everything fitted in it. I found it strange not having a window/view but the bed was surprisingly comfortable and we had the most amazing sleeps due to the pitch darkness and how peaceful the room was.

The main areas of the ship were very lavish and clean

The food was great

The trips we did were brilliant and we enjoyed the places we visited (Sicily, Athens, Kusadasi, Chania).

We got a very cheap deal on the cruise

Negatives as above:-

The dining arrangements were just not our thing

We had no idea where anything was

We were given no information about the captains table/drinks party

There were just too many people on board for my liking and everywhere we went was just too busy and I found it all a bit claustrophobic

The spa was ridiculously expensive so never booked any treatments Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Acropolis

(5)

Loved Athens, somewhere I had always fancied visiting and a good day trip. Acropolis was spectacular and we had a very good English speaking guide who took us there then left us with a few hours on hour own which we enjoyed. Would definitely return to Athens again.

Ephesus

(4)

This tour was very long although it was fascinating and the guide extremely knowledgeable. However we had a long time there and my husband was bored. At the end of the tour we were invited to a carpet display which we though would last 15 mins or so (so were were told) but it took ages and it was very difficult to leave at the end as they were trying to sell us very expensive carpets and rugs we did not want.

Read 83 Ephesus Reviews

Wine Tasting

(5)

We really enjoyed this tour, we had never been to Sicily before and thought it was beautiful and certainly somewhere we would like to return. We really enjoyed the wine tasting and bought some lovely wine to take home. Our guide Maurizio was excellent. We would have liked longer in Taormina as it was very pretty and looked like there were some lovely restaurants but we had limited time.