Thomson Dream Cruise Review by 40something!

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Dream Cruise Review by 40something!
Thomson Dream
Thomson Dream
Member Name: 40something!
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: DE
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Ignore the negative reviews ! Fantastic cruise

I cannot understand why this ship has been slated on previous reviews as having just spent 2 weeks on it I don't know what the problem is ? Yes the ship may be a bit dated but it kinda of gave it a quirky/retro feel to it, the decor in the cabins was fine, with comfy beds and ample space to move around (we had an outside plus) but would of been happy with just an outside cabin, the ship itself was spotlessly clean, the staff were so friendly and could not do enough for you, yes the food was at times very british but was of quality and so much variety you simply could not get bored, best bit for me was the self serve whippy ice cream machine ! We went to the show every night and would say there was only a couple that were a tad boring and aimed at the older generation but the the dream team did a fantastic job, yes the captain told a story every day at 5.30 but so what and if you actually listened to him he had a great sense of humour. Looking at the larger cruise liners that were docked I personally would not would to go on one as I think you loose the personal feel that the dream has to it.

My only disappointment was the excursions that we booked via thomson, we only did a couple but they weren't worth the money. We got off ship everyday and jumped in a local taxi/water taxi that tom you to the same places that thomson excursion did but it meant you could spend as much time as you wanted as supposed to only a few hours with thomson (the taxis generally didn't make you pay until they had picked you back up and returned you to the ship) I will definately be going again on this ship, favourite beach was pigeon point Tobago, favourite for shops was st Maarten. chow for now !

Publication Date: 02/28/14