Westerdam Cruise Review by julee63: Never ever again with Holland

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Westerdam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Never ever again with Holland

Sail Date: February 2014

After getting thru the awful traffic jam to get to the Westerdam, on the 1st day of our cruise we were just underwhelmed with the quality and cleanliness of the ship. The staff need to take an English course as most do not seem to understand English. Our state room, 6058, was adequate but no where near luxurious. The outside balcony deck and windows were filthy and despite repeated requests to clean them nothing was ever cleaned. The mini fridge was never restocked despite repeated requests(and I had only used one can each of diet coke and regular coke the first day). So for 6 more days it was never restocked. I never saw or met our stateroom attendant in 7 days. The tiles in the bathroom floor were cracked and were popping up. The food in the upper dining area was gross and the same every day and NO BUFFET. The kitchen staff was doing the plating of the food. Hated having to eat the same crap every day. There was a hamburger grill area in the upper pool area but seriously? Burgers More and dogs and fries when I thought I was going to allow myself to over indulge on good gourmet food? The portions in the dining rooms were tiny. The desserts were gross and small.

It was wonderful when we stopped in the different ports and countries just so we could get off the ship and walk around and maybe eat a decent meal that we had to PAY for but it was worth it. The casino is very very small and dated. The whole ship is old and dated and for what we paid, I expected way more luxury. The gift shops were small. The shows were laughable at best. The rest of the time there was nothing to do but drink and wish for the cruise to be over. Never ever again with Holland. And I would never recommend this ship or cruise line to anyone. Less

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Cabin review: Westerdam 6058

Nice size but dirty and old and very dated.