Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by Crusecrazi: Don't believe all you read

Costa Luminosa 5
Crusecrazi
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Don't believe all you read

Sail Date: February 2014

I read all the reviews from this site about our ship before we left and thought we were going to have the worse cruise ever. Actually couldn't have been more surprised. We had a balcony cabin which Christine kept very clean and any request she handled without question. The crew we interacted with were all very helpful and fun. The dining room waiters (1st seating table 85 deck 2) were fantastic. Food was all good, not 5 star but most cruises nowadays are not. One downside is the buffet is not open for dinner which I can't figure that one out, but we had a great table and ate in the dinning room every night. The numerous languages for life boat drill and announcements can be very long. But on the plus side they do not make as many as other cruise lines do. Also playing trivia games can be painful with each question and answer read in numerous languages, but what are you going to do it is an European based cruise line. One thing I will agree with the other reviews is that the european More people as a whole are very rude. Not everyone but enough to make the general statement. We got by that and said it wasn't going to ruin our vacation and it didn't.

The drink package is probably the best deal at sea. Not a lot of choices for wine at dinner but I'm a Merlot drinker which they had and my glass was never empty from beginning to end. Never ran into the beer taps not working as mentioned in other reviews. I drank more cappuccino on board then I ever have. It was part of the drink package so why drink regular coffee.

Overall I have to say we had a very good experience and would go again. Less

Published 02/28/14

Read more Costa Luminosa cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Luminosa Review >>

Compare Prices on Costa Luminosa Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 8218

The cabin with balcony was very nice. Always kept clean.

Crusecrazi
Member Since 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X