Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by sailfan5559

Member Name: sailfan5559
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Spirit to Tasmania

For the most part this was a very nice cruise. We did not partake of all that was on offer, but what we did do was nice. One of the more interesting times was a session on pain given by one of the fitness staff. I thought I would be bored, but it was presented well and a lot of useful information given. The food was adequate, but my criticism is about the limited seating on the Lido deck for buffet service. Went to the Nouveau Steakhouse for their premium dining experience and have to say it was excellent and well worth the added expense.

In all my cruises, I have never had an indifferent cabin steward. On this cruise it was no different. He was always friendly and helpful, and we got a laugh every night with the towel animals. The entertainment in the showrooms was excellent, but the lounge acts did not meet that standard.

This is a family ship, and the staff are aware that families want to have fun. I will close by saying more than once I saw ship's officers and staff interacting with families and young children. I applaud them for that.

Publication Date: 02/28/14