Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by sailfan5559: Carnival Spirit to Tasmania

Carnival Spirit to Tasmania

Sail Date: February 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

For the most part this was a very nice cruise. We did not partake of all that was on offer, but what we did do was nice. One of the more interesting times was a session on pain given by one of the fitness staff. I thought I would be bored, but it was presented well and a lot of useful information given. The food was adequate, but my criticism is about the limited seating on the Lido deck for buffet service. Went to the Nouveau Steakhouse for their premium dining experience and have to say it was excellent and well worth the added expense.

In all my cruises, I have never had an indifferent cabin steward. On this cruise it was no different. He was always friendly and helpful, and we got a laugh every night with the towel animals. The entertainment in the showrooms was excellent, but the lounge acts did not meet that standard.

This is a family ship, and the staff are aware that families want to have fun. I will close by saying more than once I saw ship's officers and More staff interacting with families and young children. I applaud them for that. Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Spirit Balcony Upper 5192

The cabin was always clean and made up. Balcony was cleaned during the cruise, but could have used a paint touch up where the paint had flaked away in rather large patches.

Mount Wellington

(5)

Extremely cold on Mt. Wellington, but clear. Also visited a 20 acre garden owned by a couple that was very well kept up and entertaining. Due to rough weather we were unable to go to Pt Arthur, but the Carnival folks arranged to have buses take us so we did not miss out on the opportunity to see Port Arthur.