Sea Princess Cruise Review by Poor

Member Name: Poor
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Poor Customer Service Agent

The Presenter/ Host hosting a game. show with 3 couples asked to participate in a couple game show asking both husbands and wives various marital questions to see how well they knew one another.

This unprofessional person asked for 3 couples to participate and as it was my 36 anniversary I given this opportunity.

In dismay after 10 minutes, he returned and said that he had found a couple of 40 odd years marriage and I and another couple had to pick a number from 0 to 10, in order to be in the show, after I was told 10 minutes earlier my wife and I would participate.

My wife was asked to a number 1-10, and she picked 5 and the other couple picked 7 and with complete dismay without an apology or explanation, gave this opportunity without an apology, empathy, sympathy. As this was an important milestone for us, as we had planned this trip for years and was treated so disrespectfully and cheap.In future I will travel with another company where we will be treated with respect and dignity in front of other people and customers.

This unprofessional host of this event walked away leaving us feeling unwanted and were treated disrespectfully. I was mortified and my wife was extremely embarrassed.After paying so much money we did at least should have received an apology and an opportunity to do something else in the future.

That how great companies handle these situations

As a customer service professional I suggest you retrain this unprofessional in empathy skills, organisational skills, conflict resolution, problem solving and decision making as he lack all of these skills. This was our 36th anniversary on the 5 February and how many other customers has he treated like this and said nothing and used other cruises.

Again this unprofessional Host was involved dancing in a event near the pool at the top deck.

This champion from Canada who danced in front of me and his blonde girl friend, went on his hands and feet, doing push ups from the ground looking towards his girl friend in a distasteful manner as customers looked on .This unprofessional Customer Service Agent is a liability not an asset in providing the front face of your organisation.

The ships events and program were full of boring and old events they had 4 years ago when we travelled with the P@O four years ago

An organisation, I feel needs to be innovative if it is to be successful in any business,

I believe your activities, such as advertising free seminars in order to hard sell products and services were offensive distastful and thats why I feel you achieved a poor 76% passenger score and the feedback to other potential customers that you have lost that would not tell you what they really thought.

I spoke to numerous paying customers on board and they were also unhappy.

The dining rooms had excellent food at the restaurants, and the customer service was first class.The rooms were cleaned first class and the staff were professional. The top floor food area has poor quality, fruit without the magnificent fruit presentations and displays as was the case 4 years ago, possible due to cost cutting.

The staff were helpful and always said good morning.

The coffee was the worst coffee I have ever tasted and I was told to buy a coffee voucher to have a decent cup of coffee.What is that? Do you honestly think that you are a premium business when the first thing in the morning, most passengers drink a quality cup of coffee. Customers have the right to walk away from your services and thats why you have achieved a 76% score.

I thought that's what we paid for. premium products and services, enhanced customer service experience.

P@O will have to improve significantly against it's bench marked competitors and not be complacent as I feel they are.

I hope my feedback is helpful, as I know alot of customers would not waste their time they would walk to another competitor

Walter Coruzzi