Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Moocowmoo10

Member Name: Moocowmoo10
Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

1st and last cruise!!!

Both my husband and I along with our best friends decided we would try our first cruise with carnival cruises. What a huge mistake this was. Full of excitement and trepidation we boarded the ship . The ship looked beautiful, amazing surroundings and lots of things to look at. Found our room and around the ship, even though there was not much help as most of the staff were very hard to understand and didn't look happy to be working there. 1st day at sea went well no problems. Our cabin steward was fabulous and the head waiter in the dining room made our night. After that things went down hill quickly. Not much to do during the day except bingo. Big deal! The night before we arrived in Hobart we were informed that we would not make it to Port Arthur as scheduled the following day. No help from staff as to what to do for two days. We managed to organise a hire car for one day. Drove to Port Arthur and paid $140.00 for our entrance fee. Spent about four hours around this historic area and then returned to the ship. When talking to other passengers, we found out that we did not have to pay as this was included in our trip costs. So a couple of hundred dollars later had another day in Hobart. Yet again no help or information given by staff as to what we could do.

My husband became very ill on the 3rd night of the cruise. His throat became inflamed and was having great difficulty in swallowing and also was in immense pain from an ear infection. Went down to the medical centre and after a five minute consult was giving some prescription medicine and a bill for hundreds of dollars.This would have been fine except my husband could not swallow the medication. After a long and painful night for my husband I went back to the medical centre to see what else could be done to help my husband , only to be told, medication takes time to work. I kept trying to explain that be could not swallow the medication, but felt like I was being treated like an idiot. Obviously it was too much trouble for them. After three days in bed with little fluid and no food we finally arrived back in Sydney. Except for our cabin steward and the lovely waiter , no one else on that big ship could have cared less. I have never been so disgusted in my life. I have just wasted $2000.00 for a trip that I wish to forget about. My husband is now undergoing the correct medical treatment.

My experience with carnival cruises has been horrific and I would not recommend them to anybody.

NEVER AGAIN