Golden Princess Cruise Review by Sam Swartz

Cruise Date: February 2014
Embarkation: Buenos Aires
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Cabin Number: A301
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

To those with mobility issues.

I just got back from this tour and found the following: Automatic doors on public washrooms were rare. The balcony was useless to me in a wheelchair although my wife enjoyed it. Had I known about the useless balconies I could have saved $2000. The ramps are too short and too steep to be used by a wheelchair as are many of the ramps in public locations throughout the ship.

I found the service was excellent in all dinning areas and in my room as well. If you have ever done a buffet while in a wheelchair you will appreciate that as soon as you come to the buffet entrance someone is offering to help you by getting your food as the 2 of you go around the buffet. By doing it that way my wife and I got to a table together and managed to both eat HOT food. The toilet seats and the installed built-in bath seat are too low making getting out of them difficult for some mobility issues. Excellent service for embarkation and for leaving the ship. Excellent service if required and requested.

Organized shore tours are all designed for people that can climb up the high stairs of a large bus

OTHER INFO:

The entertainment was 80% bad. I do not like to walkout in the middle of a show but the numbers that walked out ahead of me gave me permission.

The food was what I expected, not as good as fine dining but better than the local family restaurant.

The penguin tour was fabulous as it was the reason for going and well worth it.

Publication Date: 02/27/14