“Nicely Done Carnival”

bflohr
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Background:  Wife and I in our early 50's with two son's 16 and 13. Forth cruise (third with Carnival). Drove up from San Diego.

Embarkation:

The morning of the cruise we went on a tour of the USS IOWA battleship in San Pedro. It was about a 10 minute drive from the Port. Very nice tour, only thing that could have made it better was that you do not get to see the inside of the turrets.

Got to the ship about 12:45. We had FTTF. We were on the ship in about half an hour. Our cabin was ready when we got on. Our luggage did not arrive until about 6. I went down to customer service to fix another issue and inquired about the luggage. They refunded the FTTF fee without asking. Even with the luggage being late, the FTTF was so worth it (even if I didn't get the refund).

Cabin:

7269 balcony mid ship. You got a very little bit of vibration from the engine below. Our cabin steward "D" was awesome. Would not hesitate to get the same cabin again. Even with the four of us it worked well.

Ship:

The Miracle is a mid size Spirit class ship. Very easy to get around. Very fast ship, the entire cruise we were at 20 knots in the Pacific with not a lot of movement. Never felt crowded.

Dinning:

Had YTD and we really liked it. Went to the MDR every night and did not have to wait once. About the third night we got ViVi as our head waitperson, and requested her the rest of the trip. Vivi rocks! If you can get on one of Vivi's tables, do it. I am on a very low fat diet and could always find something. Loved the seafood, plenty of salads and veggies. Ate at the Lido for breakfast and lunch daily and enjoyed that also.

Entertainment:

Shows were very good, not as many as I remember in the past. The house orchestra were very accomplished. We had four different comedians during our cruise, all four were outstanding. There was a singer/guitarist named Tommy Green Jr. who was also outstanding. Our boys enjoyed Circle C and Club 02.

Cabo:

Rented a 18 foot catamaran on the beach the first day and it was a thrill in the Cabo winds. We were soaked, but loved it. Second day in Cabo just spend some time on the beach.

Puerto Vallarta:

Just took a walk on the Malecon, very nice time.

Crew:

They went beyond expectations. Especially. Jamie and Seema in Customer Service.

Overall:

I have yet to find a better vacation bang for the buck then Carnival. This cruise beat my expectations.

Carnival Miracle Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Miracle Review
Carnival Miracle Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?